Starkville, MS (December 17, 2022) – At approximately 4:20 p.m., on December 15, a car crash happened in Starkville that resulted in injuries. Multiple responders were sent to the scene to help those involved and render aid.
Reports show the accident occurred on Highway 12 near Highway 82. Sources say at least one person was hurt in the collision.
Paramedics rendered aid to injured parties on-site. At least one person required additional care and was transported to a local hospital by ambulance. No one involved has been identified at this time.
Traffic delays ensued in the area while emergency crews worked to secure the crash site. Authorities continue to investigate the details of the accident.
Our thoughts are with those involved. We hope for their full recovery.
Mississippi Auto Accidents
Every day, car accidents occur in Mississippi. Sometimes, people suffer injuries that are serious and even debilitating in nature due to these crashes. In extremely severe cases, individuals will be affected by their injuries for the rest of their lives.
Some common crash injuries suffered by victims include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Injuries to internal organs
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck injuries
Sustaining injuries in a serious car crash may result in the need for costly, extensive medical care. Usually, victims who are severely injured in auto accidents have to stay in the hospital for prolonged periods of time, undergoing stressful and even painful medical procedures like surgeries, physical therapy, and more in order to fully recover. Unfortunately, the majority of these auto accidents are caused by the actions of careless, negligent drivers. Some of the most common reasons car crashes happen in Mississippi include:
- Reckless driving
- Intoxicated driving
- Fatigued driving
- Inclement weather
- Poor road conditions
These and other acts of negligence cause thousands of injuries per year in the Magnolia State. Some commonly seen auto accidents that take place in Mississippi are:
- Rear-end collisions – These accidents often occur when one vehicle is followed too closely by another. This leaves little time to brake if the vehicle in front needs to come to an abrupt stop, and not enough time to react if a collision occurs.
- Head-on accidents – These are some of the most dangerous and devastating types of crashes that often result in severe injuries and even fatalities. They usually occur when one driver, for whatever reason, breaches the center line and drives into oncoming traffic.
- Side-impact crashes – Also called “T-bone” collisions, these happen when the front end of one vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle. These crashes can be especially dangerous because they may cause severe injuries to those who are not properly restrained.
- Rollover accidents – These take place when an individual loses control of their vehicle, causing it to roll over. These happen when someone loses control of their car, causing it to roll over. They are particularly dangerous due to the fact that people are often ejected from their vehicle when it rolls over, especially at high speeds.
Although all car crashes are different, those who sustain injuries in them often go through similar experiences. The physical, financial, and mental problems caused by car crashes are almost always extremely challenging to deal with. Due to this, injured accident victims are encouraged to contact a car accident lawyer in Starkville at their earliest convenience. By doing this, they can learn more about their legal rights and ability to recover.
After your crash, our attorneys at Mama Justice can help you recover compensation to help cover the costs related to your damages. Our lawyers will help get you the justice and monetary compensation you deserve that can help you pay for medical care, vehicle repairs, wage loss, and more. By calling our law firm, you could be taking the first step toward your own financial recovery. You can reach us at (888) 484-1476 to get started.
Note: These posts are generated solely for MW Law Firm -Mama Justice. The facts and information utilized to create these posts were collected and gathered through the use of secondary sources. We use various news organizations, newspaper articles, police accident reports, police blotters, and social media platforms, as well as first-hand eyewitness accounts about accidents that happen in and around Northern Mississippi. We have not independently verified all reported facts in our posts. If you locate any information that is not correct, please contact our firm immediately so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like to have this post removed from our site, please contact us immediately. We will do our best to remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: We have worked hard to become valued members of the Northern Mississippi business community. We write these posts to bring awareness to the dangers of driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle. The information in this post is not intended to be medical or legal advice. The photographs used in this post are not taken at the actual accident scene.