Jackson Mass Tort Attorneys
You Know Mama Justice Has Your Back!
Taking care of many people throughout our communities is a staple of what we do here at Mama Justice - MW Law Firm. That’s part of the reason why we got the name Mama Justice, after all. It makes sense that we would be trusted mass tort lawyers in Jackson, then, because mass torts help multiple claimants seek damages from a single defendant. The process of forming and pursuing a mass tort is designed to let dozens, hundreds, or thousands of people demand compensation after they have all been hurt in similar ways, such as when a dangerous prescription drug causes unpredictable side effects. If you think you should be part of an ongoing or developing mass tort, then we think we should be the legal team that helps you.
Call us at (601) 565-4616 to get a free consultation with Mama Justice.
What You Should Know About Mass Torts
A mass tort becomes necessary when so many people have been hurt by the same defendant and in similar ways that it would be unreasonable to expect all of their cases to be entirely separate. Instead, the question will become whether they are similar enough to justify a mass tort. A judge and a bellwether trial will usually decide that justification.
A bellwether trial is essentially a practice trial that uses information based on the average case in the mass tort to form the plaintiff’s argument. If the bellwether jury determines that the plaintiff has a valid case and deserves compensation, then a judge will approve the mass tort to be handled in courts and counties around the United States.
Why should you want your case to be in a mass tort?
- Your mass tort attorney can share information and evidence with other attorneys working on other cases in the mass tort, which can make forming an argument simpler.
- Your case will end independently of any other mass tort cases, so, if other claimants are not succeeding, then you still can.
- Your costs for expert witnesses and other legal fees could be reduced if they are split among all cases within the overall mass tort.
Mass Tort Examples You Might Know
Are you not sure if your personal injury claim would justify being part of a mass tort? Mama Justice can help you determine if you have a mass tort case, starting with a quick explanation of some of the most common mass tort cases in recent news. If your case is anything like those we describe below, then your case could benefit from being part of a larger mass tort or maybe even a class action!
In the recent news, there have been many mass tort cases, such as:
- Roundup® weed killer: The popular herbicide has been linked to non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in people who have used the product for years or who were directly exposed to it.
- Hernia mesh devices: Medical hernia mesh devices like those made by RAM Medical, Q-Med Corp., and others have become notorious for failing at an inordinate rate.
- Mesothelioma claims: Workers who have been exposed to asbestos fibers like those in commercial or industrial insulation products have a higher risk of suffering from mesothelioma.
- Talc powder products: Johnson & Johnson is facing thousands of lawsuits for selling talc powder products despite their links to lung damage and ovarian cancer.
- JUUL® e-cigarettes: Teenage nicotine addiction rates are increasing. Many mass tort cases are blaming the issue on JUUL®, which has allegedly marketed its e-cigarettes to entice young users.
- 3M dual-sided military earplugs: Military service members who used 3M dual-sided military earplugs might be able to sue if they have been diagnosed with tinnitus or hearing loss.
Let Us Lead the Way for Your Mass Tort
Are you feeling a bit confused about what to do with a mass tort case? Don’t worry if you are! The topic can definitely feel convoluted if you’re not familiar with the intricacies of the law. Instead of worrying about it, just dial (601) 565-4616 and connect with Mama Justice. Our Jackson mass tort attorneys are here to help you understand all aspects of your case and make the right next steps in pursuit of compensation.
Remember: Free initial consultations are available for inquiring clients.
Mississippi Bar Association
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
U. S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
U. S. District Courts for Northern and Southern Mississippi
Supreme Court of the State of Mississippi
United States Bankruptcy Court
Mrs. Wigginton is true to her name.- Lillian F.
Missy is a fighter and doesn't give up on her cases.- Gayla
Mama Missy truly cares about her clients.- Elizabeth
Best lawyer ever!- Former Client
Missy gets the job done!- Keith