Rideshare Accident Lawyers in Tupelo, Mississippi
If you have been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident as a result of a negligent or reckless driver, Mama Justice is here for you. Schedule a free consultation with our rideshare accident lawyers in Tupelo to get started on your case.
Over the past decade, we have seen a dramatic increase in the number of people in Tupelo who turn to Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare companies to travel throughout the city. These transportation services are ideal because they are extremely affordable and convenient. At the click of an app, riders can request vehicles to take them to clubs, work, and other destinations. Although rideshare services provide many benefits for travelers, they come with some complications.
Although ridesharing has led to a dramatic decrease in the number of alcohol-related collisions in the United States, we are seeing more injury accidents involving rideshare vehicles. Rideshare accidents are more complex than standard collisions in that they involve several insurance companies, all of which deny any liability for your injuries and damages. If you are harmed in an Uber or Lyft accident, you must seek the assistance of our Tupelo rideshare accident lawyers as soon as possible.
Our lawyers at Mama Justice are committed to helping you get the justice you deserve. We will stand by your side every step of the way to ensure you are able to hold negligent parties accountable and get the compensation you need and are entitled to recover from your injuries. Our personal injury lawyers in Tupelo will help guide you throughout the entire legal process so you are always aware of what is going on and what to expect moving forward. Contact our law firm today to get started on your case.
What is Ridesharing?
When someone wants to get from place to place in the city of Tupelo but they lack their own transportation or plan of drinking, they often turn to others to drive them where they need to go. Over a decade ago, taxicabs provided transportation to people from homes, businesses, and other locations in Tupelo. Over the past few years, we have seen a dramatic increase in the ridesharing industry, which provides similar services.
Rather than having a major company employ many drivers to provide transportation, rideshare companies hire independent contractors who choose their hours the hours they are available and have the right to refuse riders all while driving their own vehicles. The two major rideshare companies in Mississippi are Uber and Lyft.
When people need transportation, they use an app on their mobile phone to request a ride. The rider must select the type of vehicle they need, based on the number of people they are traveling with. For Uber, this can include:
- UberX: Seats up to four passengers – typically a sedan.
- UberXL: Seats up to six passengers – typically an SUV or a minivan.
- Uber Pool/Express Pool: Sharing riders with others who are going in the same direction as you.
- Uber Comfort: Seats four passengers in a much more spacious vehicle.
- Uber Green: ride in a low-emission hybrid vehicle.
- Uber Select: this luxury service includes transportation for up to four people in a BMW, Audi, Mercedes, or another luxury vehicle.
- Uber Black: Provides luxury transportation for up to six in a luxury SUV.
Lyft provides a variety of transportation types for travelers as well. These include:
- Lyft: Transportation for up to three riders.
- Lyft Shared: Transportation to share with others who are going in the same direction.
- Luxury: Transportation for up to three passengers in a luxury vehicle.
- Luxury Black: Premium transportation with leather seats for up to three riders.
- Lyft XL: SUV transportation for up to five passengers.
- Lux Black XL: Premium transportation for up to five riders in a luxury SUV.
In addition, Lyft also offers scooters, bikes, car seats, access, and Lyft Assisted transportation for riders.
When it comes to ridesharing companies, drivers are required to meet various requirements. For Lyft and Uber, this includes:
- Having a valid driver’s license
- Having at least one year of experience driving as a licensed motorist
- Meeting the minimum age requirements for the company
- Providing proof of insurance to the company
- Providing a copy of the vehicle registration
- Having a valid inspection on the vehicle at all times
- Passing a driver’s background check
- Passing a safety screening
Riders who choose rideshare vehicles for their transportation should feel confident in knowing that their driver is well-qualified to operate the vehicle. Furthermore, rideshare companies provide up to $1 million in insurance coverage available to cover injuries and damages resulting from a rideshare accident. Although there are several types of insurance companies that come into play, each company will argue against paying victims the compensation they rightfully deserve.
Should you be harmed in a rideshare accident, you must act quickly to protect your legal rights. Our lawyers are standing by to take your call and help you get justice.
Mama Justice is ready to help. Call our Tupelo personal injury lawyers at (888) 484-1476 today.
Who is Liable for Your Accident?
Rideshare accidents are quite complex to handle. Your position during the accident will play a role in your ability to recover.
- If the rideshare driver caused the crash: The driver’s insurance company will cover the resulting damages you sustain if you are involved in a crash caused by a rideshare driver. In addition, Uber and Lyft both carry third-party liability insurance. These policies provide coverage up to $1 million for personal and property damage resulting from an accident. As a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, you may be covered by this policy.
- If the driver of another vehicle was at fault: The insurance company of the at-fault driver will cover your damages and injuries.
- If you were struck by an off-duty Rideshare driver: You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages through the rideshare driver’s personal insurance policy.
A seasoned Tupelo rideshare accident lawyer at Mama Justice can review the circumstances surrounding your accident and help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
Type of Rideshare Accidents We See In Tupelo
Like other types of crashes, rideshare collisions can take various forms. Some of the most common accident types we see involving rideshare vehicles include:
- Sideswipe accidents: When the sides of two vehicles collide, it can result in one or both vehicles going off the road. Sideswipe accidents often result in moderate damage to the vehicles involved and injuries to those inside. When people fail to check their blind spots before switching lanes or fail to maintain control of their vehicle, it can result in a dangerous sideswipe collision.
- T-bone accidents: T-bone accidents, or broadside collisions, are some of the most common types of crashes that take place at intersections. T-bone crashes are common in situations where people fail to stop at stop signs, run red lights, or fail to yield the right of way. T-bone accidents often result in rollovers, which are even more damaging.
- Head-on collisions: When two vehicles collided in a front-to-front manner, they are involved in a head-on collision. Head-on collisions are often devastating in that they result in endless damage to vehicles and severe injuries. Head-on collisions are likely to end in totaling damages to vehicles. The chances of suffering severe injuries are often increased as well.
- Rear-end collisions: When drivers fail to maintain control of their vehicles, they can crash into the rear-end of others sharing the road. Rear-end collisions are those that take place when the front of one vehicle crashes into the rear of a second vehicle. These incidents can result in moderate damages to one or both vehicles. When commercial vehicles are involved, the chances of severe injuries are drastically increased.
- Rollover Accidents: When drivers are speeding around corners, crash into others, or strike objects on the road, they are likely to roll over their vehicles. SUVs and other top-heavy vehicles are at a greater risk of rolling over. When vehicles roll over, occupants can get trapped inside and have to be extricated by firefighters. This can dramatically delay your chances of getting immediate medical care, which can be life-threatening.
As a victim of a rideshare accident, you are most likely dealing with painful injuries that demand immediate medical care. Regrettably, the treatment associated with car accident injuries can be quite costly. For this reason, it is important that you reach out to our rideshare accident lawyers in Tupelo as soon as possible. Our lawyers can help you recover full and timely compensation that you can use to cover the costs you face throughout your recovery and beyond.
Recoverable Damages in a Rideshare Accident
If you have been harmed in a rideshare accident, whether as a driver, passenger, or the occupant of another vehicle, you may have legal options available to help you recover. Our lawyers at Mama Justice can meet with you whenever you are ready to discuss the circumstances surrounding your accident and how we can get you the financial compensation you need.
Our Tupelo rideshare accident lawyers at Mama Justice are committed to helping each client we work with recover full and timely compensation for various damages, including:
- Medical expenses for immediate care, hospitalization, and surgeries
- Long-term medical care costs for therapy, rehabilitation, long-term care facilities, medications, medical equipment, and more
- Lost wages due to taking time off work to recover
- Lost earning capacity for victims who are left permanently disabled from their injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent scarring and disfigurements
- And more
Our lawyers stop at nothing to ensure you are able to maximize your recoveries. Our ultimate goal is to help you reach your goals in recovery so you can move past this traumatic experience in the best way possible. Contact our rideshare accident lawyers in Tupelo as soon as possible to get started on your case.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare accidents can take place for a variety of reasons. In Tupelo, we see various factors that play a role in the majority of accidents. Some of the leading causes of rideshare accidents include:
- Inclement weather: The weather in Tupelo can be quite unpredictable at times. It can go from sunny to rainy in an You may even see snowfall in certain areas from time to time. Driving on wet, icy, and other dangerous roadways can make it difficult for drivers to control their vehicles. As a result, we see many accidents take place due to inclement weather in our area.
- Unfamiliar roadways: As a rideshare driver, you are more likely to enter unfamiliar areas than most other people. You never know where riders are going to need transportation. As a result, you are likely to go to new places that you have never navigated before. Traveling in unfamiliar areas can increase the likelihood of an accident taking place. Drivers who are unfamiliar with areas are likely to miss stop signs, red lights, unfamiliar with speed limits, and miss out on other important traffic signs and road conditions.
Other common causes of rideshare accidents include:
- Driving in dark areas
- Drivers who are speeding
- Drunk driving accidents
- Drivers who fail to yield the right of way
If your accident involved these or any other act of negligence, you may have legal options available for you.
Mama Justice Will Fight For You
Our lawyers understand that victims of rideshare accidents often feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do moving forward. We recognize the challenges that both victims and their families endure from the mental, emotional, and financial consequences of crashes. For this reason, our Tupelo rideshare accident lawyers at Mama Justice are dedicated to treating each client we work with like family. We will remain by your side throughout the entire legal process to ensure your rights and best interests are protected. Our lawyers will help you achieve your gains and empower you to take control of your situation.
At Mama Justice, we take great pride in guiding each client we work with throughout the technicalities and helping them truly understand what to expect throughout the civil court process. Our Tupelo personal injury lawyers will remain by your side every step of the way and advocate on your behalf as we fight to get you the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you have been hurt in an auto accident involving an Uber or a Lyft vehicle, you must act quickly to protect your legal rights. Our Tupelo rideshare accident lawyers at Mama Justice are available to meet with you at your earliest convenience to discuss your case and to help you move forward. Our law firm offers free, no-obligation consultations in Tupelo or any of our thirteen offices across Mississippi. Contact our rideshare accident law firm today by calling (662) 262-6264.