Hamilton, AL Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
If you have been in a car accident with a drunk driver, it's important to know your legal rights. Mama Justice has a team of experienced car accident attorneys who can support you and help you get justice and compensation.
Drunk driving has become an epidemic in the United States. One person dies every 50 minutes at the hands of a drunk driver and thousands more are injured in alcohol-related crashes each year. Beyond the severe injuries, deaths, and property loss that drunk drivers cause, there is a significant emotional cost to surviving a drunk driving accident or losing a loved one.
No one plans to be injured in a car crash due to a drunk driver, but our team understands how devastating they can be. When an intoxicated driver crashes into you and your loved ones, it’s hard to know where to turn. The Hamilton drunk driving accident lawyers at Mama Justice know how to help you through the process of getting justice and compensation. With our experienced personal injury lawyers behind you, you can focus on your recovery while we handle your claim
Common Types of Drunk Driving Car Accidents in Hamilton
Drunk driving is dangerous and is never a good idea. The three most common types of drunk driving accidents we see in Hamilton include:
Rear-end collisions are the most common type of drunk driving accident and they often happen at intersections or when one car is stopped in traffic. Rear-end collisions are particularly severe when the rear vehicle is going full speed. Rear-end collisions not only cause injuries but also damage vehicles, leaving victims to struggle with car insurance companies to receive adequate financial compensation.
One of the most dangerous types of car accidents in Hamilton is a head-on collision. These accidents often occur when one driver crosses the center line and strikes another vehicle head-on. Head-on collisions can be particularly devastating because they involve two vehicles traveling in opposite directions at high speeds. The force of impact can cause serious injuries or even death.
Pedestrian accidents occur when a moving vehicle hits a pedestrian. Pedestrians are at an increased risk when they walk around at night. With increased drunk driving rates during evening hours, combined with night’s reduced visibility, the chances of a pedestrian getting hurt in an accident are extremely high. Pedestrians should be careful to stay alert to their surroundings when walking by moving vehicles. When driving, motorists should avoid behaviors that can lead to distracted driving. By doing these things, drivers and pedestrians can both be safe while on the road.
At Mama Justice, our legal team offers free case reviews and positive lawyer-client relationships to help victims receive compensatory damages to boost their financial recovery.
Common Car Accident Injuries Sustained in Drunk Driving Accidents
Each year in the United States, drunk driving accidents cause tens of thousands of injuries. Drunk driving car accidents can result in a wide variety of injuries, some of which may be minor while others can be life-threatening or even fatal.
Many different types of injuries can be sustained in a drunk driving accident. It is important to know what some of the common types of injuries are so that you can be prepared if you or someone you love is involved in a drunk driving accident. While some of these injuries may seem minor at first, they can quickly become life-threatening if not treated promptly by a qualified medical professional. These kinds of injuries can often lead to long-term physical and mental problems for the victim. If you or someone you know has been involved in a drunk driving car accident, don’t hesitate to seek out the help that you need and deserve.
Broken bones are one of the most common types of injuries sustained in a drunk driving accident. This is because when a vehicle is involved in a collision, the force of the impact can cause bone fractures. Some other common injuries suffered in these accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal bleeding,
- Spinal cord damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cardiac contusion
If you’ve sustained injuries or damages in a car accident that was caused by a drunk driver, the Hamilton car accident attorneys at Mama Justice can help you file a personal injury lawsuit and help you get your deserved compensatory damages.
Wrongful Deaths Due to a Drunk Driver’s Negligence
Drunk driving is preventable, yet it continues to claim many lives. In 2015, 10,265 people were killed in drunk driving crashes–one every 51 minutes. These deaths accounted for 29% of all motor vehicle-related fatalities in Hamilton.
Despite the dangers of drinking and driving, some people continue to do it. They may think they can handle their alcohol or that they won’t get caught. But when their negligence results in wrongful death, the consequences are much greater than a drunk driving charge. Families who have lost loved ones due to a drunk driver’s misbehavior often face financial hardship, as well as emotional trauma. In some cases, the responsible party may be sued for damages. While no amount of money can replace a lost life, justice can be served by holding negligent drunk drivers accountable for their actions.
If you or someone you know has been affected by a drunk driver’s careless, negligent, or reckless actions, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. There are many resources available to help victims and their families cope with the aftermath of a drunk driving crash. The experienced team of Hamilton drunk driving accident lawyers at Mama Justice can help you receive justice and compensation for your injuries and damages.
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured by a Drunk Driver
Car accidents can be emotionally taxing and leave victims feeling shaken up. The following are five steps to take if you’ve been injured in a drunk driving car accident.
- Seek Medical Attention: The first step you should take after sustaining injuries in a car accident should be to seek medical attention even if you don’t think you’re injured. It’s possible to have delayed onset injuries like internal bleeding. A doctor can properly evaluate your condition and give you the care you need.
- Take Pictures of the Scene: This includes any damage to your car or the other driver’s car and injuries. By taking photos after the accident occurred, you’ll have a record of what happened in case you need to make an auto insurance claim or file a police report.
- Get All Witnesses’ Contact Information: This will come in handy when you file a police report or insurance claim with your insurance company.
If you sustained an injury in a car accident with a drunk driver, it is vital to seek out legal assistance. An experienced personal injury lawyer will not only help provide legal counsel but also help you maximize your settlement and offer moral support during the often trying time that follows an accident. Our Hamilton car accident attorneys at Mama Justice have the experience to help your case move forward. A personal injury lawyer can help you handle your claim and obtain the compensation to which you are entitled. If you have been injured in an auto accident involving a drunk driver, contact Mama Justice. Our personal injury lawyers have decades of experience handling personal injury claims and will fight to obtain the compensation that you deserve.
Six Damages You Can Recieve Compensation for if You’ve Been Hit by a Drunk Driver
Car accidents frequently occur in Hamilton. They are often traumatic and can be especially devastating when they’re caused by drunk drivers. If you’ve sustained injuries or damages after being involved in a drunk driving accident, you may be wondering what kind of claim you can file. If you’ve been hit by a drunk driver, our car accident lawyers at Mama Justice can help you receive compensation for:
- Pain and Suffering: In addition to physical injuries, many accident victims also experience mental pain and suffering. This type of injury is often harder to quantify than simple medical bills or property damage. However, an experienced personal injury attorney will be able to determine the value of your pain and suffering and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Loss of Consortium: This damage is based on the loss of your spouse’s love, affection, and companionship.
- Disfigurement: If you or a loved one has been left with permanent physical scars or changes as a result of a car accident caused by a drunk driver, disfigurement damages may be available to help cover the costs of treatment and living with your disability. Disfigurement can range from minor scarring to major changes in appearance that require multiple surgeries to correct.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: Many victims of drunk driving accidents suffer from a loss of enjoyment of life. This can be difficult to prove but if you can show that your quality of life has decreased since the accident, you may be able to recover compensation. To prove this damage, you will need to keep records of how the accident has impacted your daily activities and hobbies. You will also need testimony from friends and family members about how your personality has changed since the accident.
- Past and Future Medical Expenses: One of the most important damages you can file compensation for is medical fees–both past and future. If you’ve already incurred medical bills related to the car accident, the drunk driver will be responsible for paying those off. Additionally, if you anticipate needing any future medical treatment, the negligent driver will also be responsible for those costs.
- Lost Income or Earning Capacity: You can also file for lost wages or earning capacity. This means that if the accident has caused you to miss work or has made it so that you’re unable to work, you can seek compensation for lost wages. You may also be able to seek compensation for future earnings if the accident has left you with a permanent disability.
In a wrongful death case of a loved one, the family of the victim may also file for:
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- A dependency claim
- Punitive damages
- Loss of care, guidance, and companionship
- Monetary losses
Where Can I Find the Best Hamilton Car Accident Lawyers?
No matter how careful you are on the road, accidents can still happen. When a drunk driver is responsible for your accident, it’s important to have an experienced Hamilton drunk driving accident lawyer on your side to help you fight for the compensation and justice you deserve.
Mama Justice has a proven track record of getting our clients the maximum compensation and justice they deserve. We’ll fight for your rights every step of the way, and make sure you get what you’re entitled to under the law. Contact us today for a free consultation.
The legal system is complex and only a qualified lawyer can provide you with the best chance of receiving compensation for your injuries, damages, or loss of a loved one. Our law firm has unparalleled experience with drunk driving cases and we are ready to help you. If you want to make sure you get the compensation you deserve, you will need to work with a lawyer who has handled drunk driving accidents before like the experienced lawyers at Mama Justice.
If you’ve been injured by a drunk driver, contact the Hamilton drunk driving accident attorneys at Mama Justice at (888) 699-1846.