Hamilton Uber Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer
If you have suffered injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident, there are legal options available for you. Contact our Hamilton rideshare lawyers at Mama Justice to book your free consultation today.
Hamilton, Alabama has a lot to offer its residents, as well as those who choose to visit. With much to see and do, ridesharing services offer a convenient way to get around town.
People often use Uber or Lyft because they are reliable and cost-effective. In just a few years, these companies have upended the traditional taxi industry and created a convenient way for people to travel from place to place.
Unfortunately, this convenience comes at a price as Uber and Lyft drivers have been involved in more and more accidents. People involved in these crashes deserve to be reimbursed for their injuries, and our personal injury attorneys at Mama Justice can help you get the compensation you need to move forward with as little stress as possible.
What is Ridesharing?
A new and popular way to get around, especially in congested urban areas, ridesharing is a service that allows people to hail rides at their own convenience.
It’s simple: You use an app on your smartphone to request a ride from a nearby driver who will pick you up and drop you off at your destination. The fare is automatically calculated and charged to your credit card.
The ridesharing economy has exploded in recent years with companies like Uber and Lyft leading the charge. Both companies offer a variety of ways to get around, including carpooling, and private cars.
How Ridesharing Companies Policy Limits Compensation
Despite the convenience that ridesharing programs offer, there are still many problems attached. One of them is the increasing accident rates that occur as a result of negligence. With Uber alone, there are 49 recorded deaths related to alleged Uber driver negligence. However, personal injury cases and wrongful deaths that have occurred aren’t always reported.
Uber and Lyft are merely an intermediary to connect riders with drivers. They do not employ their drivers, rather they hire them as independent contractors. Their systems are designed purposefully to limit corporate liability for negligence on the part of their drivers. As a result of this, injured riders and third parties who are hit by rideshare drivers might not be able to recover financial compensation from Uber or Lyft.
That’s why riders need to understand what their legal rights are in the event of an accident and seek legal help immediately.
Our experienced Hamilton rideshare accident lawyers at Mama Justice understand that Uber Lyft accidents can leave riders with serious injuries. That’s why we perform a detailed investigation of the circumstances of every case and focus on holding rideshare companies accountable. With help from our law firm, you may be able to recover compensation benefits such as medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages.
Types of Accidents Involving Rideshare Vehicles in Hamilton
As Marion county becomes more and more congested with traffic, the number of people using rideshare services like Uber and Lyft in Hamilton continues to rise. Unfortunately, this also means that the number of accidents involving these vehicles is on the rise as well.
The most common types of rideshare accidents in Hamilton are:
Rear-end collisions are the most common type of rideshare accident in Hamilton. This accident occurs when the car in front of the rideshare vehicle stops suddenly and the driver is unable to stop in time, resulting in a collision.
These accidents usually occur when a negligent driver tries to change lanes without checking their blind spot first. Sideswipes are also common in areas where there is construction or other obstacles on the road that forces drivers to merge abruptly. As always, use caution when changing lanes, and always check your blind spot.
Another common type of Uber Lyft accident in Hamilton is T-bone. This type of accident occurs when a vehicle T-bones another, typically at an intersection. Most times, this type of accident occurs when a driver doesn't yield to oncoming traffic. If you're an Uber driver in Hamilton, you have to exercise reasonable care while navigating intersections and watch for oncoming traffic.
Common Injuries that Occur During Rideshare Accidents in Hamilton
According to a recent study, Uber Lyft accidents are becoming more common. While many of these accidents can often be minor, they can also lead to serious and even catastrophic injuries.
If you were involved in an accident with a rideshare driver, your damages are typically the same as those associated with any car accident. However, when rideshare drivers cause a car accident due to negligence, the injured party may be entitled to several types of damages. Although, insurance providers may deny claims and attempt to minimize their liability coverage.
Common injuries from rideshare accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
These injuries can all be very painful and require extensive medical treatment. Whether you need a few weeks of medical treatment for whiplash or years of ongoing care for a debilitating brain injury, you deserve to recover compensation for all of your losses if an Uber or Lyft driver caused your accident. Our experienced attorneys will ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your hospital bills and other damages.
What Damages Can I Claim in a Rideshare Accident?
If you are involved in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver and you suffered injuries, compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages are available.
The following are common types of damages that you can claim compensation for in Hamilton:
Rideshare accidents can be devastating, not only because of the trauma from the accident itself but also because of the physical damage that may be caused. A trip to the hospital for treatment is a must for any serious bumps and bruises that develop because of car accidents. In addition to your medical expenses, you may require additional treatments to address your pain and discomfort as well as other long-term care requirements. If you have been injured in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver, it is important to seek medical attention right away to avoid complications down the line. To get the best possible outcome from your accident claim, you should have an experienced attorney request that the rideshare company or driver's insurance company pay for your medical bills. A doctor's estimate will give your lawyer better insight into future costs and can influence a settlement amount.
Mental suffering following car accidents can be a serious thing. Mental suffering can include feelings of depression, anxiety, acute stress disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. After an accident, injured victims may experience tremendous anxiety and fear. They may experience flashbacks or nightmares of the event. These are all signs of mental suffering. Mental trauma is detrimental on its own, but it can also result in physical injuries such as bodily harm. In situations where mental trauma is caused by an accident, the injured party can seek damages for this traumatic experience. These damages may be awarded by a jury if there is evidence linking the injuries to the incident.
Rideshare injuries can have devastating effects on your earning potential and ability to work in the future. Depending on your occupation, you may be unable to continue working if you are injured. Even after physical injuries heal, you may be left with permanent injuries that affect your mobility and reduce your chance of finding employment. Hence, it is ideal to get reasonable care after an accident.
Rideshare insurance is very confusing, which is why you need an experienced Hamilton personal injury attorney on your side. Ridesharing companies and their insurance providers are unlikely to back down when it comes to personal injury lawsuits. They will often offer lowball settlements, just to see if the injured party is willing to settle quickly. If you find yourself in this situation, contact Mama Justice today.
Who is Liable for a Rideshare Accident?
Determining liability in an accident can be tricky. Liability coverage determines how much the injured passenger will get. To find out who’s liable for a personal injury or property damage, we must first determine what was happening when the accident occurred.
Possible scenarios include:
- The Rideshare App is Off: When a ridesharing driver is off the clock or is driving without being logged into the app, that driver’s insurance company is liable.
- The Rideshare Driver has the App on and is Waiting for a Rider: Once a driver starts driving for a ridesharing company, that company is liable for the driver’s actions. If the app is on, but the driver has not received a ride request or responded to one, an accident victim may contact the driver’s personal auto insurance company first. If the driver’s insurance coverage does not apply to the accident, then the ridesharing company may be held liable for damages. The insurance coverage is $1 million for passages in the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- The Rideshare Driver is Actively Picking up or Transporting a Passenger: When a driver is on their way to pick someone up or giving someone a ride when they’re involved in an accident, the ridesharing company insurance should cover the accident. If the accident was caused by a third party, the insurance company of the third party will be held liable instead.
What to do After Being Involved in a Rideshare Accident in Hamilton
No one wants to be in a car crash. But if you find yourself the victim of an accident, don’t let it ruin your day. Here’s what to do next:
- If You are Injured, Call 911 Immediately: After being involved in an accident, it is important to seek medical help immediately.
- Take Pictures of the Damage to Both Vehicles as Well as Any Visible Injuries: After being involved in a rideshare accident, it’s important to take pictures of the damage to both vehicles as well as the accident scene and any visible injuries. This will be useful when there’s a need to give an accident report or if you need to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Exchange Contact and Insurance Information with the Other Driver Involved in the Accident: If you’re involved in an accident, the first thing you should do is exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver involved. This will help ensure that everyone has the necessary information to file a claim, and it will also help document what happened in case there are any questions later on. You should also contact your own insurance company.
- Contact an Experienced Uber Lyft Accident Lawyer: Determining the at-fault party for an Uber Lyft accident can be difficult. If you are involved in an accident with someone who is driving for a rideshare company, you want to consult with a lawyer before signing any waivers or accepting settlement offers from the insurance company.
When you need an Uber Lyft accident lawyer today in Hamilton, you should turn to our law firm at Mama Justice. Our experienced lawyers will discuss the details of your personal injury case and help you get the right compensation.
Why Do You Need an Uber Lyft Accident Lawyer?
As tempting as it might be to try to handle your injuries and your legal issues on your own after seeking medical care, it is highly recommended that you hire an experienced Uber Lyft rideshare accident lawyer.
Benefits of hiring a rideshare accident lawyer include:
- They are Capable of Dealing with the Other Law Firms and Insurance Companies Involved: With Uber and Lyft accident claims, it’s not enough to just hire an insurance company. You also have to hire an experienced Uber Lyft accident lawyer to deal with the other law offices and insurance companies involved.
- They’ll Make Sure You Get the Most Money Possible: If you’re involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, Hamilton Uber and Lyft accident lawyers from our law firm will fight for your legal rights and help you get all of the compensation you deserve.
To ensure that you receive the compensation to which you’re entitled, it’s a good idea to work with a rideshare accident lawyer.
Let Mama Justice Help You
Uber and Lyft both have confusing insurance policies that make it difficult for accident victims to recover damages from their negligent drivers.
To get compensation from a Uber or Lyft driver who caused you injuries, you need legal help from a Hamilton rideshare accident lawyer who has experience fighting for the rights of personal injury victims. Whether you are a passenger in an Uber or Lyft vehicle or a third party, a rideshare accident lawyer from our law firm can help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been injured in a ridesharing accident, contact us to schedule a free consultation to learn how we can help you. Our law firm offers free consultations and our experienced Hamilton rideshare accident lawyers will work to get you the compensation you deserve so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. We can also help you file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a deceased loved one. Contact Mama Justice today by calling (888) 699-1846.