Common Causes of Personal Injury in Hattiesburg
Victims can file a personal injury claim against the insurance company for those who have negligently caused their injuries. Here are some common causes of personal injuries in Hattiesburg:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents account for many personal injuries every year. We know one thing for sure. Nobody plans on getting into a car wreck. Car collisions can quickly turn your life upside down. One minute everything is fine, and the next moment you’re suffering from physical and emotional trauma and facing a mountain of medical bills. The injuries from a car accident are often severe. They often lead to broken bones, lacerations, and severe brain injuries. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident, our experienced car accident attorneys at Mama Justice can help. We have considerable experience handling all types of car accident claims and can assist you in recovering monetary compensation for your damages.
- Construction Accidents: Accidents happen every day, at work and at home. Construction sites are one of the most dangerous places to work because they often contain a lot of heavy equipment, massive construction cranes, and high-up scaffolding. Construction workers are at risk of getting hurt on the job at any given moment. Thousands of workers are injured every year on construction sites.
- Dog Bites: Although dogs can be great companions, they can also be dangerous. Dog bites are common occurrences that can cause serious injuries. Common causes of dog bites include straying dogs, playful and excitable dogs, or dogs that have not received adequate training or socialization. The most common types of dog bites include those caused by a dog’s teeth puncturing the skin and a dog’s teeth breaking the skin. If you or your loved ones have been harmed by a dog bite, you can claim compensation from the owner. Compensation may include medical expenses, reconstructive surgery, and mental anguish.
- Premises Liability: Slip and fall cases typically occur as a result of someone’s negligence. It occurs when a property owner, manager, or some other responsible party fails to maintain a safe premise. Unfortunately, virtually all of us are subject to the negligent actions of others at one time or another. Slip and fall injuries can range from minor cuts and bruises to severe injuries such as broken bones or back injuries. When a person is injured on someone’s property, they may be able to file a claim against the property owner’s insurance policy if there was a breach in the standard of care that caused the injury.
- Negligence: Civil negligence law in Mississippi covers cases where injuries were caused by the negligence or failure of businesses and individuals to exercise a reasonable degree of care. Anyone can be hurt by someone else’s negligence. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence and are considering a civil suit, our Hattiesburg personal injury lawyers are here to help.
- Intentional Act: Intentional torts are civil wrongs when one person acts intentionally (as opposed to negligently) and harms another person. In Hattiesburg, if someone intentionally hurts you or kills your loved one, you may be able to recover money to pay for medical care and other expenses.
- Truck Accidents: A large number of accidents involve commercial trucks, and these large vehicles pose a significant threat to passenger vehicles. Commercial trucks have the potential to cause catastrophic injuries. When truck drivers fail to drive with caution, people can be seriously injured and killed.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle drivers are often at risk of being involved in a collision with a car. When a motorcyclist is involved in a car wreck, the consequences can be severe due to the lack of protection offered by a motorcycle. Motorcyclists have almost no protection from the weather and temperature, limited visibility, and very little protection from a car that hits them.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Walking is a great way to get some air and exercise our muscles, but it also comes with risks. People who walk are at risk of accidents, especially while crossing the road.
Irrespective of the cause of your personal injury, our Hattiesburg personal injury attorneys at Mama Justice will offer you a free case evaluation and ensure you get justice.
Our lawyers are committed to standing by your side throughout the injury claim process and fighting for fair compensation. We will not let you be taken advantage of by the insurance company.
Our personal injury lawyers handle injury cases for clients on a contingency fee basis, so you never have to worry about paying any lawyer fees up-front. Schedule a free case evaluation now to get started.
Types of Personal Injuries in Hattiesburg
Injuries can be as minor as bruising or cuts or as severe as severed limbs or traumatic brain injuries. The severity of the victim’s injury will determine the amount of compensation they are eligible to receive. Some common personal injuries we see in Hattiesburg include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Traumatic brain injuries are among the most common injuries after a car accident. Severe traumatic brain injuries can be catastrophic, causing fatigue and permanent disabilities.
- Neck Injury: Neck injuries are common in motor vehicle accidents, especially rear-end collisions. These types of injuries involve sprains or strains on the neck tendons, ligaments, and muscles. This can result in extensive physical therapy and chronic pain.
- Back Injury: Back injuries can happen to anyone. They are one of the most common types of personal injuries. The back is a common source of injuries, and there are different muscles and soft tissues in the back that can be injured. Soft tissue injuries, such as strains and sprains, can result in pain and mild to severe disability.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Spinal cord injury occurs when there is trauma to the spinal cord. This can either cause structural damage to the spinal cord tissue or interrupt the signals from the brain to other parts of the body. Severe damage to the spinal cord can result in partial or complete paralysis below the point of injury on the spine, usually in both legs and arms.
- Amputations: An amputation is a surgical procedure in which a body part is wholly or partially severed or removed to prevent the spread of infection or disease or to improve appearance. Your life is never the same after an amputation. This is because you lose some of your innate capabilities and qualities that are a part of your identity and the ability to do certain essential tasks, such as washing yourself.
- Burns: Burns often result from motor vehicle or truck accidents or house fires. Burns should be evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible.
- Fractures: Fractures are common and severe injuries requiring lengthy recovery periods, especially when compounded by surgery. The course of treatment and the amount of time it takes to heal a broken bone depends on the type of fracture. When a broken bone is suspected, it must be properly and promptly treated to promote healing and avoid further damage.
- Internal Organ Damage: Internal organ damage can frequently result from accidents. Internal organ damage is severe. The damage can be much more serious if you sustain penetrating injuries to any of your internal organs. It is essential to seek medical attention as soon as possible if you have experienced internal organ damage, as it may be life-threatening.
There are many different types of injuries that you might experience at some point. Suffering any severe injury due to an accident can result in towering medical bills, lost wages, and various other financial burdens. After an accident in Hattiesburg, contact our qualified personal injury attorneys immediately to schedule a free consultation to get help. We will provide you with personal attention to ensure you are able to get justice after being harmed.
What is a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Wrongful death lawsuits are a type of civil law action that may be filed after a person dies due to accident-related injuries. People who have lost a family member in an accident may be entitled to seek monetary damages to compensate for the loss of financial and emotional support. Wrongful death lawsuits are designed to provide pain and suffering compensation to affected parties, allowing them to move forward with their lives.
If your close family member tragically died in an accident, you might have the right to file a wrongful death claim. If a loved one died due to injuries sustained in a crash, you might be entitled to damages.
Our wrongful death lawyers will investigate your case to determine who is at fault for your loved one’s injuries. In addition to holding them accountable, we will also claim compensation from them. Our qualified wrongful death attorneys are ready to help you take legal action so you can focus on recovering from the loss of your loved one.
Contact Mama Justice today to ensure that you get justice and ensure that nothing like this ever happens again. Our personal injury attorney can meet with you for a free consultation to discuss the legal options available to help your family move forward.
Types of Personal Injury Lawsuits
Personal injury occurs when a person suffers harm due to another person’s negligence. A personal injury lawsuit enables a person to seek compensation for an injury or loss caused by another person’s negligence. It includes numerous situations in which one party may suffer harm or injury due to the negligence of another. Here are the two types of personal injury lawsuits:
- Formal Lawsuit: To pursue a personal injury claim, you need to file a civil complaint in the proper court. The first step in any legal case is for the victim to file a complaint to prove that the defendant was negligent. This will start the legal process. The defendant has 30 days to respond to the initial filing. The court will favor the plaintiff after a hearing if the defendant does not respond. The plaintiff may be granted a default judgment and be able to recover damages from the defendant. The American system of justice is complex. You must do several things to make a complaint and move forward through the legal process. That’s where our experienced personal injury lawyers come in. Our legal team at Mama Justice will help you gather the evidence you need and guide you every step of the way.
- Informal Settlement: The settlement process is a negotiation that leads to a written agreement in which the injured party accepts payment from the defendant for a specific amount of money. In most cases, personal injury claims are resolved by a settlement process in which the injured party (the plaintiff) agrees to accept money from the party who caused the injury (the defendant) in exchange for giving up their right to pursue further legal action regarding the accident or injury.
To win a personal injury lawsuit in Hattiesburg, you need an experienced personal injury attorney by your side to ensure you get justice and receive fair compensation for your physical, financial, and emotional distress.
At Mama Justice, our law firm boasts of experienced Hattiesburg personal injury lawyers with several years of experience handling personal injury cases. Schedule a free consultation today with our Hattiesburg personal injury attorney to discuss your case.
Statute of Limitations
Mississippi has a statute of limitations on personal injury claims. The Mississippi statute of limitations on personal injury cases is three years, which means you have three years after the date of your injury or accident to file a lawsuit.
Our personal injury lawyer at Mama Justice can help you understand how this law applies to you and how much time you have left to file a lawsuit. Don’t wait until it’s too late to file a personal injury claim. Contact our personal injury law firm today for a free consultation.
Let Mama Justice Help You Get Justice
Have you suffered harm as a result of someone else’s negligence? Are you ready to fight for your rights? Contact a Hattiesburg personal injury attorney at Mama Justice today.
Our compassionate and knowledgeable Hattiesburg personal injury lawyers at Mama Justice are dedicated to standing up for victims’ rights. Contact us today for a free case review. Call (888) 4841-1476 to speak with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys today.