Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in severe injuries than most other types of collisions. Motorcycle accident victims often suffer life-changing injuries in crashes due to the lack of structural protection. Even in cases where motorcyclists are wearing helmets, they are likely to incur injuries that severely alter their way of life.
These riders are often struck by vehicles weighing several thousands of pounds. Drivers who are traveling in commercial vehicles, SUVs, and pickup trucks, as well as those who speed, have all been known to increase the risk of riders being severely harmed. Riders can easily be ejected from their vehicles, which also raises the likelihood of catastrophic and fatal injuries.
Here in Jackson, the injuries that most commonly occur in motorcycle accidents include:
- Broken bones and compound fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Paralysis (paraplegia and quadriplegia)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and soft tissue injuries
- Back injuries
- The loss of limbs
- Cuts, scrapes, lacerations
Victims who are harmed in motorcycle accidents are often rushed to hospitals where they undergo emergency surgery and remain hospitalized for several days. Many victims require long-term care, like therapy and rehabilitation following their accidents. Many riders suffer debilitating injuries that leave them permanently disabled. Being involved in a motorcycle accident can impact nearly every aspect of your life and for this reason, you deserve justice.
Call us at 8884841476 to discuss your situation during a free consultation. You may also contact us using our free online case evaluation form.
What to Do if You are Harmed in a Motorcycle Crash
The time immediately following a motorcycle accident can be extremely overwhelming. Many victims are not sure of what to do. As a result, numerous innocent parties never receive justice or compensation for the pain and suffering they are forced to endure. Should you be harmed in a motorcycle accident in Jackson, there are various things you can do to protect your legal rights and best interests. Some of the steps you should take following a motorcycle crash include:
- Report the accident to the police and your insurance company as soon as possible. This will help to get the ball rolling and build a strong record of what took place.
- Seek medical attention immediately. It is never a good idea to “tough it out” following an accident. You may have internal organ injuries and other severe and life-threatening injuries that require immediate care. Not only will receiving prompt medical care help you physically, but it can also help build a strong case and prove damages when it comes to recovering compensation from your accident.
- If possible, have someone at the scene of the accident take pictures. You can benefit greatly by having pictures of all of the vehicles involved, the road and weather conditions, and various other factors at the scene.
- If your motorcycle was not impounded by the police, have a trusted friend or family member put it into storage. Having several photos to show the damage, as well as reports from mechanics, can help prove the extent of damages to your vehicle.
Taking these steps following your accident can help strengthen your legal position and protect your health and wellbeing. Reaching out to a motorcycle accident lawyer in Jackson as soon as possible can help you get the justice you deserve.
Determining Liability in a Jackson Motorcycle Accident
At Mama Justice, we work with victims who are harmed in crashes due to the negligence of other drivers. Our team will work hard to determine the circumstances leading up to your accident and we will identify all parties who should be held accountable for your injuries and damages. Our lawyers get to work on investigating your accident right away. We will gather evidence from the scene of your accident to ensure you have the strongest case possible. Some evidence we will gather and analyze include:
- Cell phone records of the drivers involved.
- Any data recorder information.
- Statements from witnesses to the accident.
- Photos from the scene of the accident.
- Any available surveillance camera footage.
- Driver chemical test results to determine if impairment played a role.
Our team works with experts who can recreate the scene of the accident, prove any mechanical negligence that may have contributed to your accident, identify any poorly maintained road conditions that contributed to your accident, and various other factors.
In addition, we will determine whether there are any other parties, like bar, store or restaurant owners, who served alcohol to clearly intoxicated parties involved in your crash. When it comes to building the strongest case possible, our Jackson motorcycle accident lawyers at Mama Justice leave no stone unturned.
Maximize the Compensation that’s Available to You
Every day, we witness the effects of motorcycle accidents on decent and hardworking individuals across Jackson. The negative impacts of crashes are more than just physical. Instead, many victims suffer psychologically, emotionally, and financially from crashes.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident as a result of another driver’s actions, our Jackson motorcycle accident lawyers at Mama Justice will fight to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation available to you. We are committed to helping you recover for various damages, including:
- Lost earnings and benefits
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Vehicle repairs/replacement
- Attorneys’ fees
- Scarring and disfigurements
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Long-term care expenses for therapy, rehabilitation, care facilities, and more
We firmly believe that our clients should never be forced to spend their own hard-earned money on damages they face due to the negligence of others. For this reason, we aggressively negotiate full and timely compensation to ensure our clients are able to maximize the compensation they receive for their damages and reach their goals throughout the recovery process. We truly value each client we work with and we will fight tooth and nail to ensure your legal rights and best interests are protected.
Protect Your Legal Rights with Mama Justice
Not being able to work and pay your bills while dealing with painful injuries can be devastating. You may have problems making it to your appointments to receive the medical care you need. Dealing with these and other challenges can be incredibly disheartening.
After being harmed in a motorcycle accident, the last thing you need to do is worry about going after at-fault drivers for the financial compensation you need and deserve for your damages. For this reason, it is crucial that you seek the assistance of a skilled and aggressive legal team who will fight to protect your rights and best interests moving forward. At Mama Justice, we value each client we work with. We treat our clients like family and are dedicated to dedicating a significant amount of time and effort toward helping them get justice after being harmed.
Our Jackson motorcycle accident lawyer at Mama Justice will stop at nothing to make sure you are able to hold negligent drivers accountable for their actions so you can recover the financial compensation you need and deserve. Our law firm represents everyday people throughout Jackson who have been harmed as a result of other drivers’ negligence.
We are available to meet with you at your earliest convenience to discuss your accident and to help you move forward and get justice. Our law firm offers free, no-obligation consultations in Jackson or any of our thirteen offices across Mississippi. Contact our Jackson motorcycle accident lawyers today by calling (662) 262-6264.
Free case consultations are available, so schedule one now.