Rideshare Accident Lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident as a result of a negligent driver, Mama Justice can help you. Contact our rideshare accident lawyers in Jackson to get started on your case.
What is Ridesharing?
Requirements for Rideshare Drivers
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Have at least one year of experience driving as a licensed motorist (Uber requires drivers who are under the age of 23-years-old to have at least three years of experience).
- Meet the minimum age requirements (Lyft drivers must be 21-years of age).
- Provide proof of insurance for the vehicle that will be used.
- Provide a copy of the vehicle registration.
- Have a valid inspection of the vehicle at all times.
- Pass a driving history background check.
- Pass a safety screening.
Who is Responsible for Your Injuries?
If the driver of the rideshare vehicle caused the crash, their insurance company will cover the resulting damages you sustain. However, there are many instances where private insurance companies refuse payments to victims if the driver of the vehicle is working for profit. Drivers should have commercial insurance policies or personal auto insurance policies that specifically include a provision to cover ridesharing. It is important to know that rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft both carry third-party liability insurance. These policies cover up to $1 million to cover both personal and property damage resulting from an accident. As a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, you may be covered by this policy.
If a driver who is not operating the rideshare vehicle you are in causes the crash, you may be covered by the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
You may be able to recover compensation for your injuries and damages by pursuing legal action against the driver’s personal injury policy.
A skilled and seasoned rideshare accident lawyer in Jackson can review the circumstances surrounding your accident. Our lawyers at Mama Justice can help to determine who is at fault and pursue legal action against negligent parties to help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
Insurance Coverage in Rideshare Accidents
If you have been harmed in a rideshare accident, the time at which your accident occurred will determine the amount of coverage available to you for your damages. Understanding the limits to each policy will provide you with a better idea of how much you are able to recover.
Uber Insurance Coverage
When the Uber app is up and running, and the Uber driver is waiting for a ride request, the driver is provided the following coverage:
- Up to $50,000 injury liability per person
- Up to $100,000 total liability per accident
- Up to $25,000 property damage per crash
Once a rider has been accepted and the driver is en route, the policy limits change. Should an accident occur at this time, the limits from Uber are increased to up to $1 million in total liability coverage and up to $1 million total bodily injury coverage.
Lyft Insurance Coverage
- Primary auto liability.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage up to $1 million per accident.
- Contingent liability: Applies when the app is in driver mode and the Lyft driver is waiting for a request for a ride to come in.
- Contingent comprehensive and collision coverage.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident in Jackson
If you have been involved in a rideshare accident, there are various things you should do to ensure your health and wellbeing are protected. Furthermore, various actions can help you obtain the best position from a legal standpoint to get justice and hold negligent actors accountable. Some of the most important things you should do following an accident include:
If you have been involved in a rideshare accident, you must remain at the scene and speak with law enforcement. Once you are stopped, you will want to get the names, contact information, and insurance information for every driver involved in the crash, regardless of whether you are a passenger or the driver of another vehicle.
Common Injuries from Rideshare Accidents
Like other types of collisions, rideshare accidents often end in serious injuries for those involved. We see numerous people in Jackson suffer catastrophic injuries in crashes caused by negligent drivers. Some of the most common injuries sustained by victims of Uber and Lyft crashes include:
- Spinal cord injuries that lead to paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones/compound fractures
- Cuts, scrapes, and abrasions
- Head injuries
- Neck and soft tissue injuries
- Loss of limbs
There are also many instances where people end up passing away as a result of their injuries. Whether you were injured in a rideshare accident, or your loved one has lost their life as a result of a negligent driver, you deserve justice.
Let Mama Justice Help You
Contact our rideshare accident law firm today by calling (662) 262-6264.