Negligent Entrustment in Mississippi
In addition to dram shop laws, negligent entrustment laws provide various circumstances where other third parties can be held responsible for your accident.
There are a variety of factors that come into play when it comes to pursuing third-party lawsuits under negligent entrustment. This includes demonstrating that:
- The owner of the vehicle trusted the impaired driver to operate their vehicle.
- The driver of the vehicle was not licensed, negligent, or not experienced to operate a vehicle.
- The owner of the vehicle knew that the motorist was unlicensed, careless, impaired, or otherwise incompetent.
- The driver’s conduct was negligent.
- The negligence of the driver was the proximate cause of the motor vehicle accident.
Victims who are harmed in drunk driving accidents can file legal claims against various other parties who have a history of carelessness when it comes to using their vehicles. If a person allows someone with a history of drunk driving to operate their vehicle, they can be held liable for any resulting injuries or damages resulting from a crash.
Damages Available for Victims of Drunk Driving Crashes in Starkville
Suffering serious injuries in drunk driving car accidents can result in overwhelming mental, physical, and financial consequences for victims. In many instances, victims harmed in crashes caused by drunk drivers are able to recover compensation that they can use to cover various damages they face.
Working with the Starkville car accident lawyers at Mama Justice can help to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim.
Some of the most common damages we help personal injury victims in Starkville recover compensation for include:
- Immediate medical expenses
- Long-term care costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Permanent scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Vehicle repair expenses
The amount of damages that you are able to collect will be determined based on the economic and non-economic impacts presented in your individual case. We will build the strongest claim possible to help present your crash case and help you hold the at-fault driver to account.
Our lawyers will help you recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your collision case so you are in the best position possible to move forward. Contact our Mississippi personal injury attorneys today to schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience to discuss your case.
Losing a Loved One in a Drunk Driving Car Accident
If your loved one has lost their life as a result of a drunk driving car accident, our Starkville wrongful death lawyers will help your family hold the impaired driver accountable for their actions.
In addition to the damages listed above, our experienced attorney will help you maximum compensation for:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial costs
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of services
Pursuing a wrongful death claim will ensure you are able to get justice for your loved one. Our personal injury attorneys in Starkville will present to the court that the defendant’s drunk-driving was the leading cause of the car accident and that they should pay.
Accidents Involving Buzzed Driving
Crashes involving drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol are completely preventable. However, we continue to see numerous drivers recklessly operate their vehicles while impaired. Unfortunately, there are many instances where people believe they are not too impaired to operate their vehicle in a responsible manner. As a result, people enter the roadway while buzzing.
Buzzed driving can be just as bad as DUI. In fact, studies conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) show that even as few as one alcoholic beverage can impair a person’s ability to maintain control of their vehicle. Alcohol can immediately impact drivers and how they see and judge things on the road.
Some of the ways alcohol can impact drivers include:
- Vision problems: It is critical that drivers are able to see objects, vehicles, and signs on the road ahead. When people drink alcohol, they may have a difficult time recognizing these things. This can make it very difficult for motorists to operate their vehicles and judge the distance between their vehicles and others sharing the road.
- Color Distinction: It is crucial that drivers are able to recognize the different colors of signs, markings on the road, and signals at intersections. These provide critical information to drivers pertaining to what actions they should take. When drivers are unable to recognize the colors presented to them, they are more likely to run red lights, pass stop signs, and cause crashes.
- Judgment: Impaired drivers often have a difficult time judging whether they have enough space to maneuver their vehicle. Some impaired drivers may believe they have more space to change lanes or make turns than they actually do have.
- Reaction time: Being buzzed can dramatically decrease a driver’s reaction time. Even a small amount of alcohol can make it difficult for drivers to process important information and react in time to avoid a crash. These drivers may also become drowsy and become less aware of their surroundings on the road.
It is important that drivers remain off the road after consuming any amount of alcohol. Being involved in a DUI crash can have physical, emotional, financial, and legal consequences.
If you are harmed in a drunk driving accident, contact our personal injury law firm to see how we can help you.