Common Causes of Ridesharing Accidents in Greenville
If you want to get around Greenville without driving, ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft can be great options. But as with any transportation, there’s always the potential for crashes. Some of the causes of ridesharing collisionsin Greenville include:
- Distracted Driving: If you’ve ever been an Uber or Lyft passenger in Greenville, you know that drivers often juggle multiple tasks. This can lead to distracted driving–a significant problem among rideshare drivers. When an Uber or Lyft driver is focused on anything other than the road, they’re putting themselves and their passengers at risk.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a big problem. Drunk driving is one of the leading causes of collisions in Greenville. Rideshare drivers are not immune to this problem. Many rideshare drivers have been known to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Drunk driving impairs a driver’s judgment and slows down reaction time. It puts both the driver and passengers at risk.
- Inexperienced Driving: Inexperienced driving can lead to serious collisions, especially in busy towns like Greenville. Inexperienced drivers may not know how to navigate active traffic conditions. This can lead to minor fender benders as well as more severe collisions.
- Weather Condition: One of the major causes of ridesharing crashes in Greenville is weather conditions. Just like with any other type of vehicle, bad weather can make driving more difficult and dangerous. Rain, snow, and ice can all contribute to dangerous and deadly accidents. These weather conditions can create icy road conditions, making it difficult for vehicles to stop or turn. In addition, rain and snow can reduce visibility and make it harder for drivers to see potential hazards.
If you’ve been involved in a ridesharing accident, you can get justice and compensation by scheduling a free consultation with a Greenville Uber Lyft rideshare accident lawyer at Mama Justice.
Types of Ridesharing Accidents in Greenville
Accidents involving rideshare vehicles are on the rise. Here are some of the common types of ridesharing crashes:
- Rear-End Accident: Rear-end accidents are the most common type of ridesharing accident in Greenville. Rear-end accidents typically happen when a rideshare driver is following another car too closely and doesn’t have enough time to stop when the vehicle ahead of them slows down or stops suddenly. These accidents can be minor, with just a few bumps and bruises, or they can be more serious, causing injuries or even fatalities.
- Sideswipe Accidents: These collisions often occur when one driver tries to change lanes without checking their blind spot first. This can lead to a collision with the other vehicle, causing damage to both cars and potentially injuring the occupants. Sideswipe crashes can also be caused by distracted driving or speeding.
- Head-On Collisions: Greenville has seen a lot of head-on collisions that have resulted in severe injury or death. While they are not as common as other types of accidents, head-on collisions can happen when two vehicles collide while traveling in opposite directions. This type of accident can often occur from driver error, such as distracted driving or speeding. Head-on collisions can also be caused by road conditions, such as ice or debris in the roadway.
Common Injuries that Occur During Ridesharing Accidents in Greenville
Ridesharing is a popular way to get around, but it’s not without its dangers. If you’ve been involved in a rideshare accident in Greenville, you may wonder what kind of injuries are most common. Here are five common injuries that can occur during a rideshare accident in Greenville:
- Traumatic Brain Injury: A traumatic brain injury is a serious, often deadly, head injury. It can affect a victim’s physical functioning, cognitive ability, memory, and other brain functions. Traumatic brain injuries cause more deaths than all other types of injuries combined. It’s important to seek treatment immediately so complications can be avoided and a full recovery can occur.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury that can occur during ridesharing collisions. This neck injury can happen when your head is suddenly thrown forward or backward. It causes the neck muscles and ligaments to stretch beyond their normal range of motion. Whiplash can be very painful and often requires extensive medical treatment. If you have been involved in a ridesharing accident in Greenville, it is vital to seek medical attention immediately, even if you do not think you have been injured.
- Broken Bones: A broken bone is one of the most common injuries that can occur during a ridesharing accident. Broken bones can be painful and debilitating, whether it’s a simple fracture or something more serious. In some cases, they may even require surgery to heal correctly.
- Concussions: Concussions are one of the most common injuries that can occur during a ridesharing accident. While they may not always be serious, concussions can cause symptoms like headaches, dizziness, and nausea.
- Internal Bleeding: This type of injury can be severe and even life-threatening if not treated immediately. Internal bleeding can occur when there is a sudden impact on the body. Symptoms of internal bleeding include abdominal pain, chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, and lightheadedness.
If you’ve been injured in a Greenville rideshare accident, a Lyft accident lawyer at Mama Justice can help you file a personal injury claim and ensure you get justice and compensation for your injuries. Contact our law firm for a free consultation today.
Uber and Lyft Driver Insurance Coverage
Uber and Lyft require their drivers in Mississippi to have personal and commercial auto insurance coverage. This protects the driver and the company from lawsuits and damage caused by negligent drivers.
Ridesharing companies provide two types of insurance coverage, contingent and continuous. In contingent policies, drivers must pay a specified amount or percentage of any claim before the rideshare company covers the remainder.
In continuous policies, the rideshare company automatically covers all expenses. Uber and Lyft consider their drivers as independent contractors, so they are not liable for collisions caused by their drivers. Insurance coverage provided by ridesharing companies may vary depending on the driver’s status at the time of the accident. Here are some instances where a driver enjoys the insurance coverage provided by ridesharing companies:
- If a driver is logged into the app while looking for passengers: You will be covered by Uber and Lyft if the driver was logged into the app when the accident occurred. Property damage and bodily injury will be covered by their insurance policy. Both Uber and Lyft offer auto insurance coverage of up to $25,000 in property damage per accident, $50,000 per person, and $100,000 for the death or injury of two or more people in an accident.
- If the driver is on the way to pick you up when logged into the app: Uber and Lyft provide up to $1 million in third-party liability coverage if the driver is on the way to pick up a passenger.
- If the ridesharing driver is not logged into the app at the time of an accident: Insurance coverage isn’t provided to a driver until the driver is working for Uber or Lyft. The driver’s personal or commercial insurance will cover the accident in this instance.
To determine if the independent contractors or the other driver is responsible for your accident, our accident lawyer will review the liability coverage for your crash and investigate and determine all of the liability parties.
Types of Damages Available to Victims of Ridesharing Collisions in Greenville
As Uber or Lyft continue to grow in popularity, so does the number of auto wrecks involving rideshare vehicles. If you are involved in a ridesharing accident in Greenville, there are certain damages that you may be able to file. The amount paid depends on the severity of the injury. Here are five types of damages our Greenville personal injury lawyers can help you file for in your personal injury claim:
- Medical Bills: If you’re involved in a ridesharing accident in Greenville, you may be able to file for damages related to your medical expenses. This includes both current and future medical bills that are a result of the accident. You may also be able to file for reimbursement of any travel expenses related to seeking medical treatment.
- Lost Wages: Lost wages are the wages you would have earned if you had not been in the accident and could not work. To recover lost wage damages, you will need to provide documentation of your earnings and how much time you missed from work due to the accident.
- Pain and Suffering: Uber and Lyft crashes can be extremely traumatizing, causing physical pain and immense emotional suffering. In Greenville, victims of such crashes can file for pain and suffering damages. Pain and suffering refer to the physical and mental anguish caused by an injury. It includes anxiety, depression, fear, insomnia, loss of quality of life, and more.
- Loss of Consortium: This refers to the damages a spouse can file for if their partner is injured in an accident. It includes the loss of companionship and affection. While this may seem like a small thing, it can have a significant impact on someone’s life. If you’ve been in an accident and your spouse has been injured, you may be able to file for this damage.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one is always a tragedy, but it can be even more devastating if someone else’s negligence caused their death. If you’ve lost a family member in a rideshare accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. This type of claim can seek damages for medical expenses, funeral costs, and the loss of your loved one’s earnings.
If you’re injured in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, you must know your rights and options for seeking compensation to cover your damages. Our experienced rideshare accident attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve and ensure the negligent rideshare driver is held liable for their actions. Schedule a free consultation to get started on your case.
Time Limits For Rideshare Accident Lawsuits in Mississippi
Before filing an Uber or Lyft accident lawsuit in Greenville, it’s important to know the deadline for making a claim. In Mississippi, the statute of limitations for filing a rideshare accident claim against the liable party is three years.
This means you have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you do not file a lawsuit within this time, the right to seek legal compensation will no longer exist. Our Greenville injury attorneys are here to help you understand your rights and the legal time limits for filing a rideshare accident claim in Mississippi. Schedule a free legal consultation with our attorneys to get started on your case.
Let Mama Justice Fight for You
Our qualified Greenville Uber and Lyft accident lawyers know how challenging it is to recover from severe injuries. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve and help you through these trying times. After being involved in an accident involving a Lyft or Uber driver in Greenville, you should seek legal help from a skilled team of Uber and Lyft accident attorneys. Our legal team at Mama Justice has extensive experience handling cases involving ridesharing companies.
Our experienced rideshare accident attorneys at Mama Justice will fight to get you the compensation you deserve after an injury. Our attorneys have the experience and skill to take on ridesharing accident claims. You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve been injured in an accident involving dangerous drivers under a rideshare platform.
We operate on a contingency-fee-basis which means that we do not get paid for our fees abs saw unless we win your case. Our attorneys will offer you a free case review and help you sue Uber for the negligent actions of the other driver.
We have several years of experience representing rideshare accident injury victims across Greenville and other cities in Mississippi. We will help you file a claim against the negligent uber driver or their rideshare company and ensure you get justice for your injuries.
Contact our Greenville rideshare accident lawyers to discuss your legal options today. Call (888) 484-1476 for a free consultation.