Types of Personal Injury Claims
If you’ve been injured and are considering filing a personal injury claim, it’s important to know the different types of claims that are available to you. Some of the common types of lawsuits we handle in Greenville include:
- Car Accident: Car accidents are the cause of tens of thousands of injuries annually in Mississippi. Here in Greenville, we see many people left with significant injuries following these accidents. To make a car accident claim in Greenville, you need to prove that the other driver was negligent. To prove negligence in motor vehicle accidents, you would need to provide evidence like witness statements, the police report, and photos of the accident scene.
- Truck Accident: If you are injured in a truck accident, you may be able to file a claim against the driver or the trucking company. This type of auto accident often has a severe impact on injured victims, leaving them to deal with catastrophic injuries and permanent disabilities. Truck accidents can result in life-changing consequences, including neck and back injuries, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and death.
- Motorcycle Accident: The state of Mississippi has one of the country’s highest rate of fatal motorcycle accidents. In addition, we see countless people left with severe injuries following these accidents each year. Motorcycle accidents can be extremely serious and often result in serious injuries or death. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney right away.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When a driver is not paying attention, they may not see a pedestrian who is crossing the street. This can often result in a collision, which can cause serious injuries to the pedestrian.
- Dangerous Products: Product defects can come in a variety of forms, but some of the most common are design flaws, manufacturing defects, and inadequate warnings or instructions. The manufacturer or seller of the product can be held liable for any injuries that occur as a result of a defect.
- Animal Bites: Animal bites can often lead to serious injuries, and in some cases, even rabies. To file a claim for an animal bite, you’ll need to show that the animal was vicious or that the owner was negligent in some way.
- Slips and Falls: One of the most common types of personal injury cases is slips and falls. This can be due to many reasons, such as a wet floor, icy conditions, or a hole in the ground. If you have been injured as a result of a slip and fall, it is important to take legal action as soon as possible.
- Workplace Accidents: If you’ve been injured in a workplace accident, you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance that provides benefits to employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their job. Workers’ compensation covers medical expenses, income loss, and death benefits.
- Medical Malpractice Cases: Medical malpractice is the cause of hundreds of thousands of injuries each year in the United States. We see countless people in the Greenville area and across Mississippi left with serious injuries due to negligent doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals.
- Construction Accidents: Some of the common causes of construction accidents include falls, electrocution, and being hit by or caught in between equipment. If you have been injured in a construction accident, it is important to speak with an attorney who can help you file a claim.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Nursing home abuse is a growing problem in Greenville and across the entire state. Although thousands of families rely on nursing home facilities to care for their loved ones, we see countless people harmed every year due to care providers who are abusive, negligent, and careless.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a serious accident, it is important to speak with our Greenville injury lawyers at Mama Justice. Our Greenville personal injury lawyer will guide you through the legal process and help you get the compensation you’re entitled to.
Common Injuries that Occur in Greenville
Personal injury claims can cover a wide range of injuries. Some of the most common injuries that occur in Greenville include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury: A traumatic brain injury is a damage to the brain that is often caused by a sudden, violent blow to the head. The long-term effects of these injuries may include physical disability, cognitive impairment, emotional problems, and reduced quality of life.
- Spinal Cord Injury: A spinal cord injury is a type of injury that can have a devastating impact on the injured person’s life. Damage to the spinal cord can affect movement, sensation, and bladder control.
- Soft Tissue Injury: One of the most common types of injuries in personal injury cases is soft tissue injury. This occurs when there is damage to the muscles, ligaments, or tendons. This type of injury can be extremely painful and can take a long time to heal.
- Whiplash: Whiplash often occurs when the car is hit from the rear. The sudden force of the impact causes the head and neck to whip forward and then back again. Symptoms of whiplash can include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, and ringing in the ears.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are one of the most common injuries in Greenville. They can occur as a result of a car accident, slip and fall, or any other type of accident. If you suffer a broken bone, it’s important to seek medical attention right away. Treatment is essential to ensure the bone heals properly and reduces the risk of long-term complications.
- Concussions: Concussions are a type of brain injury that can occur when the head is hit, either externally or internally. This type of injury can often result in permanent damage and can even lead to death.
- Internal Organ Damage: Internal organ damage is a serious injury that can occur as a result of a car accident. Internal organs are essential to our overall health, so when they’re injured, the injuries can be life-threatening.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, it is important to speak with our experienced personal injury lawyers to find out what your legal rights and options are.
Types of Compensation in a Personal Injury Claim
Victims of any kind of personal injury in Greenville can file a compensation claim. This could include physical, emotional, and financial damages. Some of the damages you can seek compensation for in a personal injury claim include:
- Pain and Suffering: If you’re injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. To recover pain and suffering damages, you must typically show that the injury has caused you some type of harm. This can be physical or emotional.
- Medical Bills: Medical bills are one of the most common types of expenses incurred after an injury. In most cases, the injured person can seek compensation for medical expenses from the party responsible for the injury.
- Lost Income: Victims of personal injury accidents can seek compensation for lost income. This includes both past and future income that they lost as a result of the injury.
- Property Damage: This can include damage to your car, your home, or any other personal belongings. If you have suffered from property damage as the result of another person’s negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation.
- Wrongful Death: If you’ve lost a loved one as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to file a wrongful death case. This type of claim is filed by the victim’s surviving family members to recover wrongful death damages that were incurred as a result of the death. Loved ones of wrongful death victims can get compensation for funeral expenses among other damages.
- Mental Anguish: Many people are not aware of the fact that they can also file for damages for mental anguish. Mental anguish can be caused by the injury itself, as well as the aftermath of the injury. It can lead to long-term emotional distress.
A personal injury claim can help you recover the losses you suffered. If you are injured in an accident, it’s important to speak with a Greenville personal injury lawyer to find out if you’re eligible for damages.
What Can You Do After Being Injured?
If you’ve been injured, you may be wondering what to do next. The most important thing is to protect your rights and prevent further damage. Some of the steps you can take to protect your rights as an injured person include:
- Contact the Police: The first thing you should do is contact the police. They will investigate the scene and file a police report. The police report can serve as evidence when you want to file a claim with your insurance carrier.
- Seek Medical Attention: It’s important to seek medical attention after being injured. Many people think that if they just ignore their injury, it will go away. This is not the case. Most injuries, especially those that include bleeding, require medical attention.
- Take Pictures of the Scene and Your Injuries: If you’re able to, take pictures of the scene and your injuries. This can help you support your case if you decide to take legal action.
- Exchange Contact Information with Witnesses: This way, you’ll be able to get in touch with them later if needed. They can also provide testimony if the case goes to court. If possible, also try to get a description of the person who injured you.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer: A lawyer at our law office can help you protect your rights by pursuing compensation for your damages will. Personal injury lawyers are experts in this area of law. Our law firm can help you navigate the complicated legal process. We’ll work to get you the best possible outcome.
Why Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s important to seek legal help. Here are some of the reasons you need a Greenville personal injury lawyer:
- The Personal Injury Lawyer Will Investigate Your Claim and Gather Evidence: A Greenville personal injury attorney will help you gather evidence and build a strong case. This includes speaking with witnesses and gathering police reports and medical records.
- They Will Help You Understand the Legal Process: After an accident, it’s common to feel overwhelmed and confused about what to do next. You may not know where to turn or what your rights are. That’s where a personal injury lawyer comes in. A personal injury lawyer can help you understand your rights.
- The Lawyer Will Take Your Case to Trial If Necessary: If the insurance adjustor doesn’t offer a fair settlement, your lawyer will take your case to trial. Having a lawyer on your side gives you a better chance of getting the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
- The Lawyer Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve: They will take on the insurance company, which will likely try to settle for a lower amount than you deserve. They will help you get the maximum compensation available.
If you’re considering hiring a lawyer, be sure to contact our experienced personal injury attorneys at Mama Justice for a free consultation. At our personal injury law firm, our legal team will help you file a claim and get the fair compensation you deserve. Schedule a free initial consultation with our law firm today to see what legal services we can provide for you.
The Process of Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Greenville
Filing a claim in Greenville can be a complicated process. Some of the steps involved in filing a claim in Greenville include:
- Collecting Evidence After the Accident: It’s important to collect evidence after an accident. This includes taking pictures of the scene, getting the contact information of witnesses, filing a police report, and getting a medical record from your doctor.
- Determining If You Have a Personal Injury Case: Not every accident results in a personal injury claim. To have a valid personal injury case, you must meet certain criteria. If you meet all the necessary criteria, you have a valid case and should consult with an attorney to discuss your options.
- Finding the Right Attorney: It’s important to find an experienced lawyer who can help you through the process. Having a lawyer on your side can make the process much easier and less stressful. Our experienced attorneys at Mama Justice will take care of everything for you, from filing your claim to negotiating with the insurance company.
- Filing a Claim: A claim will outline the specifics of your accident and outline the damages you’ve suffered. To file a personal injury claim, you’ll need to prove that the defendant was negligent. Filing a personal injury claim involves negotiating with the insurance company.
Our legal counsel at Mama Justice provides free initial consultations to each prospective client. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, so accident victims can result assured knowing their legal issues will be handled with skill and in a timely manner.
Contact Mama Justice
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Greenville, it’s important to contact an experienced lawyer at our law office as soon as possible. The experienced lawyers at Mama Justice have years of experience helping injured people. Our law firm knows the ins and outs of the legal system. Our legal team will help you navigate the legal proceedings.
Our lawyers assist with all types of cases, including slip and fall accidents, wrongful death cases, bicycle accident cases, and car accident cases. We are committed to building a strong attorney-client relationship with each injured party we represent. We strive to assist clients in making a full and timely recovery after they have suffered injuries in trucking accidents, as a result of medical malpractice, or another accident involving negligence.
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident in Greenville, our Greenville personal injury lawyers can help you get the financial compensation money you deserve for your injuries. Our law firm has decades of experience practicing law and helping personal injury clients across Mississippi to get their deserved compensation, and our law firm can help you too.
Contact our Greenville personal injury law firm at (888) 484-1476 for a free consultation to discuss your case and how our personal injury practice can help you during the claims process.