Tupelo Brain Injury Attorneys
Seeking Maximum Compensation for Life-Changing TBIs
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is almost guaranteed to change your life forever with new disabilities and hardships. When you are seeking compensation from the party that caused your injury, you need to know that you are demanding as much as possible. Otherwise, you could be left with hardships and costs unpaid.
Turn to for all the help you need. Our Tupelo brain injury lawyers are led by Attorney Missy Wigginton, Mama Justice herself! With her guidance and the experiences of our eclectic team, we are able to challenge any insurance company that is trying to make your life more difficult by complicating or denying your brain injury claim.
Three Types of Brain InjuriesTraumatic brain injuries can be categorized as or caused by:
- Open: An open brain injury is when the skull is damaged or pierced so that the brain is directly harmed or exposed. Open brain injuries are extremely dangerous and require extensive medical treatment like multiple surgeries.
- Closed: A closed brain injury is when the head is struck by an object, but the skull does not shatter and the brain is not penetrated. Concussions are among the most common types of closed brain injuries.
- Asphyxiation: When the brain is starved of oxygen, it causes an asphyxiated brain injury. Strangulation, reduced blood flow, and high blood toxicity can all cause brain asphyxiation.
Do You Have a TBI But Not Know It?Closed brain injuries can cause serious side effects, but they are not always easily noticeable or immediately dramatic. You could have a TBI after an accident and not know it if you have not seen a medical provider, which is why it is so important to see a doctor after an accident of any sort. Even if you feel fine, there could be an underlying issue that needs attention. Symptoms of a TBI that you might have after an accident are:
- Momentary unconsciousness
- Balance issues
- Waves of nausea
- Speech difficulties
- And more
Damages Available in a TBI ClaimExtensive and permanent injuries usually require years of medical treatment and special care. The cost of those treatments is sure to be steep, possibly ranging into the millions as the years pass. With such a large amount of damages on the line, it is important that you know that your legal representation is capable of taking on the case for you. That’s where Mama Justice steps in. We take care of all of our clients as if they were our family! The damages we can demand in your TBI case could include:
- Lifetime medical bills
- Lost wages and lowered income capacity
- Disability costs
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced life expectancy
- Lessened enjoyment of life