Tupelo Car Accident Attorneys
After a Crash, Call on Mama Justice for Help Filing a Car Accident Claim in Tupelo
No one ever expects to get into a car accident, but there are thousands across the country every single day. If you’ve been hit by a reckless, drunk, or distracted driver in Tupelo, please know that you aren’t alone in this confusing time. Also know that Mama Justice is ready to help!
Mama Justice - MW Law Firm is the friendliest name in car accident claim representation in Tupelo, Mississippi. We see every client like a good friend who needs an even better friend to stand by their side. With the way we know locals and the people in our communities, this really isn’t a stretch of the imagination. There’s a good chance you already recognize the Mama Justice name because we go out of our way to support the people in our neighborhoods.
Hurt in a car accident in Tupelo, MS? Don’t go it alone. Call (662) 262-6264 to speak with our Tupelo auto accident attorney.
On This Page:
- Cases We Handle
- Evidence to Collect for Your Car Accident Case
- Mississippi Statute of Limitations
- Should You Talk to the Insurance Company?
- How Will Your Settlement Be Calculated?
- When to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents come in all sorts and happen for all types of reasons. Does this mean you need to ask around various law firms until you find one that can manage your case? No, not if you choose to work with Mama Justice! We make filing a claim simple by connecting you with a legal team that can handle every part of your claim, from investigating liability and calculating damages to filing a claim or lawsuit.
We have been there to support locals who were hurt in the following scenarios and more:
- Drunk driving accidents: A drunk driver is not automatically liable for an accident they are in, as unusual as that might seem. We can help prove that the other driver’s intoxication was the largest contributing factor to your crash.
- Uber and Lyft accidents: Rideshare accidents are increasing as Uber and Lyft use goes up as well. We can help you make sense of a claim filed against these major rideshare companies and others.
- Uninsured motorist accidents: If an uninsured motorist hits you, then you might have to file a claim against your own auto insurance provider, which is never as easy as it should be. Let us help you.
- Rear-end collisions: “Minor” rear-end collisions can result in severe injuries, including whiplash. We won’t let an insurance company walk over your claim by saying that your injuries are exaggerated because rear-end collisions “can’t be that serious.”
Some of the best evidence to use in a car accident claim can only be gathered at the scene of the crash and right after it occurs. As time goes by, evidence becomes more difficult to locate and interpret as memories get fuzzy and details contradict one another.
Let our firm know if you did the following after being in a crash:
- Called the authorities: Reports from emergency responders – police officers, firefighters, and EMTs – can contain excellent pieces of evidence and observation that can’t be found anywhere else. If the authorities showed up to help after your crash, let us know so we can contact them to request copies of their reports.
- Took pictures: No one’s memory is as clear as a photograph. Our Tupelo car accident lawyers would like to review any pictures or videos you took at the scene of the accident to look for evidence of liability and injuries.
- Interviewed eyewitnesses: Did anyone stop to help after they saw your crash or its aftermath? If you were able to write down their contact information, then please pass it along to our car accident attorneys in Tupelo. We can reach out to them for an interview if they might have information that will benefit your claim.
- Saw a doctor: You should always see a medical doctor after being in a car accident, even when you feel fine. The doctor will mark the date of your accident and the injuries it caused, as well as diagnose underlying injuries you might not notice at first. Whether you drove yourself to urgent care or were taken to the emergency room in an ambulance, we need to know so we can get medical records from the right parties.
Mississippi law allows car accident victims up to 3 years after the date of their crash to file a personal injury claim against the other driver. If you wait longer than the allotted timeframe you may forfeit your right to pursue legal action for your injuries. It's important that you pay careful attention to the amount of time that has passed since your incident. Don't waste any more time! Call our team today to discuss you auto crash.
You will likely receive a call from both your insurance company, and the other driver's insurance company within a few days of your accident. It's important that you exercise caution when speaking to any insurance company, especially the other driver's. Insurance adjusters are experts at tricking victims into giving recorded statements about damages they suffered, or the lack thereof. Before you give any information to the insurance company, you should speak to a professional car accident lawyer in Mississippi about your case. We can help you determine what information is okay to share, and what things you should keep to yourself.
If you choose to file a car accident lawsuit against the responsible party, our team can help you pursue compensation for any of the following damages:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages/missed work
- Pain and suffering
- Long-term or short-term disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Ongoing therapy, both physical and mental
- Funeral expenses/loss of income in the case of a wrongful death claim
No two settlements are alike because no two accidents are alike. Your exact settlement amount will depend on the severity of your injuries and the cause of your accident.
It's true that not every car accident requires a lawyer in order to ensure you're fairly compensated. However, as a general rule, the more serious the accident the more seriously you should consider hiring a car wreck attorney. This is because with more serious accidents come more serious injuries that require more intensive treatment and sometimes even result in long-term impairment.
If you have suffered catastrophic injuries, are dealing with the possibility of the insurance company denying your claim or giving you unfair compensation, you should definitely speak with a car accident lawyer before proceeding with any legal action.
Supportive Legal Pros When Insurers Won’t Help
Auto insurance companies like to advertise that they are overly friendly and supportive at all times. Unfortunately, if your car accident claim is unfolding like so many others, then you know that the spirit of such advertisements ends the moment the commercial does. When an insurance company – either your own or that of the other driver – won’t cooperate after a crash leaves you injured, you need to call on Mama Justice! Our car accident lawyers in Tupelo are standing by to hear from clients and neighbors in need just like you.
Don’t lose another day to waiting and wondering. Contact us now to speak with an auto accident lawyer in Tupelo, MS.
Mississippi Bar Association
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
U. S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
U. S. District Courts for Northern and Southern Mississippi
Supreme Court of the State of Mississippi
United States Bankruptcy Court
Mrs. Wigginton is true to her name.- Lillian F.
Missy is a fighter and doesn't give up on her cases.- Gayla
Mama Missy truly cares about her clients.- Elizabeth
Best lawyer ever!- Former Client
Missy gets the job done!- Keith