Tupelo Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Representing Motorcycle Riders Throughout Tupelo, MS
Even though an inordinate amount of motorcycle accidents is caused by a negligent driver, motorcycle riders are given an unfair reputation for being reckless and causing crashes. At MW Law Firm PLLC – Mama Justice, we are proud to help undo this societal and insurance company bias, one motorcycle accident claim at a time. We are an eclectic team of attorneys who are as compassionate as we are experienced. If you are looking for authentic legal assistance that will take the fight to the opposition, then you needn’t look any further.
Get our Tupelo motorcycle accident lawyers on your side. Contact Mama Justice now.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
As mentioned, motorists in passenger vehicles are often to blame for motorcycle accidents even though there is a common misconception that says otherwise. What are drivers doing to cause motorcycle crashes, though?
Some of the worst mistakes that drivers make that cause motorcycle accidents are:
- Improper left turns: When a motorist turns left without a green arrow, they need to check for cross traffic first. However, most drivers know to look for a car or truck, not a motorcycle. The smaller size and single headlight of a motorcycle are effectively invisible to a driver who isn’t paying enough attention.
- Blind lane changes: Similarly, sideswipe accidents can be caused by drivers who change lanes or merge without checking their blind spots properly for motorcyclists in adjacent lanes. Motorcyclists can help reduce this risk by wearing bright clothing or reflectors.
- Speeding and late braking: Speeding motorists need more time to come to a complete stop at lights and stop signs, which can spell disaster for motorcyclists who are in front of them.
Severe Injuries in Motorcycle Accident Claims
Due to the lack of protection around a motorcyclist, the injuries they suffer in accidents are often significantly worse than a motorist who is hurt in a similar crash. Some safety groups estimate that motorcyclists are up to 30 times more likely to be catastrophically injured in a crash compared to a motorist, and they might be up to 12 times more likely to suffer a fatality.
Only a few examples of catastrophic motorcycle accident injuries are:
- Multiple broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Road rash
Ways to Reduce Your Liability & Help Your Claim
You can help keep your liability low in a motorcycle accident by:
- Wearing a helmet: Use a motorcycle helmet that has been approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation for optimal protection while riding. If you are in a crash and you didn’t have a helmet on, then the insurance company will have an easier time blaming you for the severity of your head injuries.
- Never lane-splitting: Only California allows lane-splitting while riding a motorcycle. If you were lane-splitting along a highway in Mississippi and get sideswiped by a driver, then most of the liability might be placed on your shoulders.
- Always riding sober: Never drink and ride your motorcycle. Your reaction time will be ruined, and you might even struggle to stay balanced while in motion. Just don’t do it – don’t make Mama Justice worry for you!
Protecting the People is What We Do
Mama Justice is here to stand up to insurance companies, so you don’t have to. We know that you are going through enough just dealing with your injuries and damages. Don’t pile legal frustrations onto everything, too. Get us on your side by calling (662) 262-6264 and speaking with a motorcycle accident attorney in Tupelo about what happened.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Tupelo are standing by to represent you and fight for your rights. Call today to get started with a free case consultation.
Tennessee Bar Association
U. S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
U. S. District Courts for Northern and Southern Mississippi
Supreme Court of the State of Mississippi
United States Bankruptcy Court
American Bar Association
Mississippi Bar Association
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Mrs. Wigginton is true to her name.- Lillian F.
Missy is a fighter and doesn't give up on her cases.- Gayla
Mama Missy truly cares about her clients.- Elizabeth
Best lawyer ever!- Former Client
Missy gets the job done!- Keith