Hello friends and family, I am Missy Wigginton, also known as Mama Justice. When meeting me, some people ask me how I got my name.... View Profile
Florence Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may have legal options available for you. Contact our Florence motorcycle accident attorneys at Mama Justice today!
People who use motorcycles are 37% more likely to die in motor vehicle accidents than other types of motorists. Every year, motorcycle accidents in the United States take the lives of more than 5,000 people. Not only do we see people lose their lives at an alarming rate due to these crashes, but riders are also nine times more likely to suffer serious injuries than people traveling in cars and trucks.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is crucial that you act quickly to protect your legal rights. If you have been harmed in a crash caused by a negligent driver, you may have legal options available to help you recover. A skilled team of Alabama motorcycle accident attorneys can help you pursue legal actions to hold the driver responsible for your accident to account.
Our Florence motorcycle accident lawyer Missy Wigginton, AKA Mama Justice, has extensive experience helping crash victims get the justice they deserve after being injured in crashes. Our team can help you with a motorcycle accident case against the party who hurt you and demand that they pay you full and fair compensation.
We offer prospective clients a free consultation where we can discuss the circumstances surrounding their accidents and the legal options available to get justice. Contact our Alabama motorcycle accident lawyer today to get started on your case.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycles allow the riders to feel the wind in their face and a sense of freedom that you just don’t have when you are riding in a car or truck. In fact, they can be extremely dangerous when they are involved in an accident with a much larger passenger vehicle. Each year, approximately 100 people lose their lives in Alabama motorcycle accidents. Many other riders are left with serious injuries that demand emergency medical care and years of physical therapy to regain their abilities.
Given the fact that motorcycle riders lack adequate protection during accidents, the chances of suffering severe injuries are greatly increased. Couple that with the fact that drivers don’t always keep their eyes open for motorcyclists who are sharing the roadways with them. Many Florence motorcycle accidents are the direct result of the carelessness of another driver.
In Florence, some of the most common injuries we see suffered by motorcyclists involved in crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: People who suffer a traumatic brain injury often have problems mentally, physically, and emotionally. These injuries can result in the loss of memory, concentration issues, and the loss of motor functions. Regrettably, these injuries are often difficult to overcome. Victims who experience a traumatic brain injury from a motorcycle crash often require therapy, surgery, and months of rehabilitation.
- Spinal cord injuries: People who suffer from spinal cord injuries often endure some form of paralysis. The type of injury and its severity are often determining factors as to whether the victim will be left permanently paralyzed or whether they may be able to regain the ability to use their arms or legs over time.
- Broken bones: The arms and legs of riders are completely vulnerable during crashes. For this reason, riders are at an increased risk of suffering these motorcycle injuries. Riders often experience broken arms, legs, hands, and feet as a result of accidents. In some cases, victims may suffer the loss of a limb due to the severity of their injury.
- Head and face injuries: Motorcycle crashes, especially those involving higher speeds, increase the risk of riders suffering a facial or head injury. When riders are ejected from their vehicles, they are likely to suffer facial fractures, lacerations, nerve damage, and other injuries that may result in permanent disfigurements. Wearing helmets that are equipped with face shields can reduce the chances of these injuries. However, riders who do suffer facial injuries often require multiple cosmetic surgeries.
- Cuts, scrapes, abrasions: Motorcyclists who are ejected from their vehicles are likely to suffer road rash, like cuts, scrapes, and abrasions. These are often a result of accident victims striking ground surfaces after being thrown from their vehicle. Depending on the severity of the injury, victims may require surgery and suffer nerve and muscle damage.
- Back injuries: Motorcyclists who are struck by vehicles often experience painful back injuries that can be quite debilitating. These injuries often require extensive treatment and have a significant impact on a victim’s range of motion.
- Neck/soft tissue injuries: Suffering a concussion or other neck and soft tissue injuries can result in the need for extensive therapy, rehabilitation, and more.
- Lower extremity injuries: Many riders suffer serious injuries to their knees, legs, and even pelvic area. These injuries often require emergency medical care and can result in extended stays in hospitals or rehabilitation centers. Depending on the severity of the injury, victims may end up permanently disabled.
Although there are multiple treatment options available to help injured riders following their accidents, there is no guarantee that victims will make a full recovery. Those who are badly injured are often left disabled and unable to return to work indefinitely.
If you suffered any serious injury as a result of a motorcycle crash, you may have legal options available to get you to move forward. Seeking the assistance of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Florence can make a world of difference when it comes to your ability to get justice.