What Types of Pedestrian Accidents Occur Most Often?
There are various types of pedestrian accidents that we see take place in the Starkville area. Some of the most commonly reported types of pedestrian crashes include:
- Turning vehicle collisions: Drivers who make turns at intersections without looking for pedestrians often cause this type of crash.
- Mid-block accidents/Mailbox accidents: These accidents occur when drivers are interacting with vehicles and other objects on the side of the road. For example, when drivers are checking their mail, purchasing merchandise from roadside vendors, etc.
- Walker and jogger collisions: When pedestrians have no designated sidewalk area near roads, they are required to travel on the side of the road. If there is inadequate daylight or inclement weather, these victims can be struck by passing vehicles.
- Back-up accidents: These accidents commonly occur in parking lots and near driveways when motorists reverse their vehicles without looking.
- Multiple threats: When pedestrians are traveling between two stopped vehicles, a third vehicle passing through the area may not see them.
- Bus-related incidents: These accidents occur at bus stops. In some instances, pedestrians who are loading or unloading from school and city buses are struck by vehicles that fail to yield.
Not only do pedestrian accidents take place at an alarming rate across the state of Mississippi, but we see many people harmed in otherwise safe locations. pedestrian accidents occur in alleys, parking lots, roadways, and even on sidewalks across Starkville that leave people with serious injuries.
Contact Mama Justice – MW Law Firm online or by phone at (888) 484-1476 today for a free and confidential consultation.
Common Injuries from Pedestrian Accidents
Dealing with a series of painful injuries can be mentally and emotionally exhausting. There are many injuries that impact pedestrians who are harmed in automobile crashes. These include, but are not limited to:
- Internal Organ Injuries: Lung punctures, spleen ruptures, and other internal organ injuries can be incredibly painful. They are also life-threatening. Many victims who suffer this type of personal injury require immediate medical attention and can require long-term care in some cases.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Depending on the type and the location of spinal cord injury, victims may be left with some type of paralysis. If the injury is complete in nature, a victim will most likely never be able to use their arms, legs, or both ever again. On the other hand, incomplete spinal cord injuries can require extensive care with the chances of recovery. However, they are extremely costly injuries to treat and there is no guarantee of a full recovery.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can either be closed or open in nature. Closed injuries, like concussions and those caused by a major blow to the head, can cause victims to feel dizzy, dazed, have balance issues, and have a variety of other mental, physical, and emotional consequences. Victims with open head injuries, these are injuries that actually penetrate the skull, often experience more localized brain damage. However, any TBI can be extremely debilitating and painful.
- Bone Fractures: Incurring a broken bone is extremely common following a pedestrian accident. In some instances, victims suffer simple fractures and require casts. Other victims suffer compound fractures that require surgery and long-term care. There are instances where fractures are so severe that they result in the complete loss of a limb.
- Crushing Injuries: These injuries occur when victims are crushed between vehicles and other objects near the roadway. These injuries can be life-threatening and require emergency medical care.
- Back Injuries: These injuries can be extremely debilitating. Back injuries can make it difficult for victims to sit, stand, stoop, and perform various other tasks. This type of personal injury can force victims out of work indefinitely.
- Severe Lacerations: Victims who are struck by vehicles are often thrown onto the ground. This increases the likelihood of severe cuts, scrapes, and lacerations. Depending on the severity, an injured person may suffer tissue and muscle damage. Many victims are left with severe disfigurements and permanent scarring.
Suffering these or other serious injuries in a pedestrian crash means that you will need emergency medical care. In some instances, victims have to go through several months of therapy and other forms of long-term care. When victims are harmed in pedestrian accidents, they are able to pursue personal injury claims against negligent drivers. These lawsuits allow injured parties to obtain compensation to cover a variety of financial burdens they face throughout the recovery process. Our Starkville pedestrian accident lawyers at Mama Justice are well-versed and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to personal injury law in the state of Mississippi. Our team can help you get the justice you deserve.
How a Personal Injury Attorney in Starkville Can Help You
Starkville car accident lawyers at Mama Justice are committed to helping victims get the justice they deserve after being harmed in personal injury accidents. We help victims by reviewing applicable insurance policies, filing claims with the insurance companies, and initiating civil action against wrongdoers.
Proving that the defendant breached the duty of care owed to you is critical when it comes to getting justice. Our team at Mama Justice is familiar with the games that insurance companies try to play and how they argue against paying compensation to those who deserve it. For this reason, we take a skilled and fearless approach toward helping accident victims get the financial recovery they truly deserve.
Our law firm is committed to helping our clients by performing various tasks to ensure their legal rights are protected. Some of the ways we help victims harmed in pedestrian accidents include:
- Investigating the scene of the accident
- Reviewing police reports
- Collecting witness testimony and reviewing their statements
- Reviewing medical records
- Working with actuaries who can determine the total damages of your case
- Determine if any criminal acts contributed to the accident
- Drafting legal complaints and documents
- Filing claims in court and against insurance companies
The Starkville personal injury lawyers at Mama Justice are committed to helping each client we work with throughout the entire process of their personal injury claims. We will handle all of the legal work so you can focus on getting the medical care you need for your injuries. In Mississippi, victims of car accidents can file injury cases against at-fault drivers to recover compensation for their damages. If you were injured in a pedestrian accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, contact our law firm today to get started on your case.
Damages For Your Car Accident Case
After being injured in car accidents, injured pedestrians are able to recover compensation that they can use to alleviate some of the economic and non-economic damages they face moving forward.
Our Starkville car accident lawyers at Mama Justice can help you get the maximum amount of compensation available for various damages, including:
- Lost income
- Medical treatment
- Medical bills for long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
By scheduling a free consultation, our personal injury attorneys in Mississippi can discuss your case and the legal options available to help you. We will put together the strongest claim on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum compensation available.
Legal Options for Families of Pedestrians Killed in Car Accidents
If your loved one has lost their life in a car accident, we can help you pursue wrongful death claims against those at fault. In addition to the damages listed above, a wrongful death claim can help you secure fair compensation for:
- Lost earning capacity
- Funeral expenses
- Burial costs
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of inheritance
Our experienced attorney at Mama Justice can help you pursue legal action against negligent drivers and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. Our legal team is committed to helping you recover the maximum compensation available to help you move forward in the grieving process with less stress from worrying about how you will cover these costs. Contact our Starkville personal injury attorneys today to get started on your wrongful death claim today.
Call Mama Justice Today to Protect Your Legal Rights
Every day, we help victims in Starkville and across the state of Mississippi who have been harmed in personal injury accidents get justice. Our Starkville pedestrian accident attorneys at Mama Justice truly value each of the victims we represent. We are committed to creating the strongest attorney-client relationship imaginable. We treat victims of car accidents that we represent as if they were members of our family. We fight diligently to ensure our clients are able to reach their goals in their recovery.
Our legal team can schedule a free consultation with you at your earliest convenience to discuss your case and the legal options available to help you recover. Contact our Starkville pedestrian accident lawyer Missy Wigginton by calling (210) 340-8877 at your earliest convenience. Our team is available to discuss your case and the legal options available for you.