Oxford Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle Accident Claims & Lawsuits
Motorcyclists are often presented as thrill-seekers who recklessly weave around traffic. Some insurance companies perpetuate this stereotype to make it easier for them to deny motorcycle accident claims that come their way. If it wasn’t for tenacious law firms like MW Law Firm – Mama Justice, then they might just get away with it, too.
Mama Justice is here to fight for your rights as an injured motorcyclist who was hit by a driver in Oxford. You deserve compassionate and effective legal representation, just like any other motorist on the road. We’re here to deliver to all your expectations and then some.
Dial (662) 262-6264 or contact Mama Justice online to learn more.
What Other Drivers Do to Cause Motorcycle Accidents
Many motorcycle accidents are not caused by a reckless rider. Instead, a negligent driver who is not paying enough attention is the root cause of thousands of motorcycle accidents each year. We want to investigate your case as much as we can to find a way to prove that the other motorist was the cause of it.
Drivers can cause a motorcycle accident if they:
- Don’t check before turning: Drivers who turn left in front of an approaching motorcycle are menaces to riders everywhere. Drivers usually look for two headlights on opposing lanes of traffic. Seeing a motorcycle with one headlight can cause the driver to effectively “look right through” it.
- Merge without checking mirrors: Lane changes and merges can be dangerous when a driver has not paid enough attention to their surroundings for smaller motorcycles that can more easily disappear in a blind spot.
- Speed: Speeding drivers are a danger to motorcyclists stopped at red light intersections. It can be difficult to notice a stopped motorcycle, so drivers assume they have more stopping room than they actually do.
Other Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents do not always involve a reckless driver. As you might know already, some are caused by other outside forces and acts of negligence.
We can help you if your motorcycle accident was caused by:
- Motorcycle defect: A defective motorcycle part can be the one thing that causes a wipe-out. Brake and tire issues are particularly dangerous for motorcyclists who can lose balance in an instant if there is a problem with these parts.
- Poor road conditions: Hitting a pothole or riding over loose debris in the road can be enough to cause a motorcycle accident. The municipality in charge of maintaining safe roads could be liable for your damages if the argument can be made that they were negligent in this duty.
How to Limit Your Liability for a Crash
Your liability for a motorcycle accident should be reduced if you were wearing your helmet and were not lane-splitting at the time of the crash. Helmet cam footage can prove that you were adhering to both of these rules for the road. Let our team know if such footage exists.
You can also reduce your liability for your injuries if you see a doctor immediately after being in a crash. Letting your injuries go untreated for days will give the defending insurance company a chance to say that your injuries have been exaggerated or were caused by an accident other than the motorcycle crash in question.
Attorney Missy Wigginton is Your Lady for Justice
Mama Justice is the law firm you can count on when the going gets tough and you get into a motorcycle accident. Led by Attorney Missy Wigginton, Mama Justice herself, we are known for balancing professionalism with genuine compassion and care that you come to expect here in Mississippi. Even if we’ve never met you before, we already count you as family, and that’s just how we’re going to approach your case.
Talk to our Oxford motorcycle accident attorneys by dialing (662) 262-6264.
Mississippi Bar Association
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
U. S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
U. S. District Courts for Northern and Southern Mississippi
Supreme Court of the State of Mississippi
United States Bankruptcy Court
Mrs. Wigginton is true to her name.- Lillian F.
Missy is a fighter and doesn't give up on her cases.- Gayla
Mama Missy truly cares about her clients.- Elizabeth
Best lawyer ever!- Former Client
Missy gets the job done!- Keith