Jackson Truck Accident Attorneys
Big Representation for Big Rig Accident Cases
A 2019 study conducted by the National Safety Council (NSC) determined that large trucks account for 10% of all vehicles involved in fatal crashes. In 2019 alone there were over 118,000 large trucks involved in crashes that resulted in serious injuries. At MW Law Firm – Mama Justice, we’re known for our big personalities and our even bigger case results achieved for 18-wheeler accident clients. If you’ve been in a crash with a big rig, semi, tractor-trailer, or any other kind of commercial truck, then we would like to help you figure out if you can file a claim for compensation. You could be owed significant finances from the trucker and the trucking company, but you’ll probably have to fight them throughout a case to get it. Let us act on your behalf, so you can swing against them confidently!
Dial (601) 565-4616 to arrange a free consultation with Mama Justice! Our Jackson truck accident lawyers are here to help.
Types of Injuries Suffered in Truck Accidents
18-wheeler accidents might happen less often than car accidents, but the results are often much, much worse. Due to the massive size and weight of the average commercial truck, the accidents they cause are oftentimes truly devastating to anyone involved who was driving a smaller vehicle. First responders know they need to move fast when they get a call about a truck accident because the likelihood of someone suffering a catastrophic, life-changing, or life-threatening injury is high.
Injuries that are often associated with truck accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Multiple broken bones
- Permanent disfigurement
- Internal organ damage
Fatalities are not uncommon in truck accident cases, either. If you have lost a loved one due to the mistakes of a truck driver, then we can help you honor their memory and fight for compensation through a wrongful death claim. The damages in a wrongful death claim will be slightly different from those in a truck accident claim, but the overall premise is the same: compensation and justice are owed to the injured parties and their families.
Truck Accident Lawsuit FAQ:
Who Can Be Liable for a Truck Accident?
Liability in a truck accident claim can get complicated quickly. At Mama Justice, we usually expect there to be more than one defendant in a truck accident case because there are so many parties involved in the management of a commercial 18-wheeler. When something goes wrong and a truck driver hits someone, any number of those involved parties could reasonably be at the receiving end of a claim or lawsuit.
Truck accident liability could rest on the shoulders of the:
- Truck driver who was operating the vehicle and did so unsafely.
- Trucking company who negligently hired a trucker unfit for the job, such as one without a valid commercial driver’s license.
- Load crew who worked for a third-party company that unsafely loaded cargo onto or into the truck.
- Maintenance crew who worked for a third-party company that performed inadequate repairs on the truck.
- Truck manufacturer who sold a defective truck part that would later contribute to a truck accident.
When there are multiple defendants in an injury claim, there could be additional hurdles to surpass to get the compensation that is needed. However, the upside is that multiple defendants mean multiple insurance policies to file against, which can give a claimant a better chance of getting a maximized recovery amount that truly reflects the money they lost through medical bills, missing wages, pain, and suffering.
Why Should You Hire a Truck Accident Attorney?
Hiring a truck accident attorney in Jackson from a firm like Mama Justice is highly advised because, quite simply, truck accident claims aren’t simple. You could be fighting multiple defendants to try to get the compensation you deserve. Without a legal professional backing you and making the most of your claim as it develops, you could risk handing them an easy win because you didn’t understand a liability law, courtroom expectation, etc.
What Does a Truck Accident Lawyer Do?
An 18-wheeler accident lawyer can handle the following for you:
- Determine who was responsible for the accident
- Collect evidence supporting your lawsuit
- Interview witnesses for helpful testimony
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Determine a fair settlement amount
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company is unwilling to settle with you
What Should You Do Immediately Following a Truck Accident?
- Reporting the crash - Never leave the scene of a crash before the police arrive and are able to take statements from everyone involved. A police report will be very important in proving fault and recovering compensation.
- Get the trucking company's information - Get the trucker's name and contact information, as well as the contact information for the trucking company that they work for.
- Identify witnesses - If other drivers or pedestrians witnessed your accident, get their contact information; they may be helpful in proving fault later on if the case goes to trial.
- Document the accident carefully - Take photos of the crash, your injuries and damage to personal property.
- Watch what you say - This is especially important when speaking to insurance companies or posting on social media; by saying too much you can sometimes hurt your chances of recovering fair compensation.
- Hire a lawyer - If you feel that you are not being treated fairly in your claim, you can reach out to our firm and we will fight on your behalf to ensure you get a fair settlement.
Can I Afford a Truck Accident Lawyer?
You may be thinking that with all the medical bills you're facing and being unable to return to work, how could you possibly afford a truck accident attorney? The good news is that you don't pay any fee for our attorneys unless we win compensation for you. In cases where we win your claim, you pay us a percentage out of the settlement given to you by the insurance company. In cases where we aren't able to secure compensation for you, you don't pay us a dime. There are no up-front costs for speaking with our attorneys! We offer free initial case evaluations.
Begin Pursuing Justice Today
Let Mama Justice – led by Attorney Missy “Mama Justice” Wigginton herself – act on your behalf from the start of your truck accident case to its conclusion. When you’re here, you’re seen as a family member in need, not just a client who came to our door with a case. And, if you know anything about Mississippians, then you know we fight for our families and against injustice!
It’s a great day to talk to a truck accident lawyer in Jackson who cares about your case. Call (601) 565-4616 now.
Mississippi Bar Association
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
U. S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
U. S. District Courts for Northern and Southern Mississippi
Supreme Court of the State of Mississippi
United States Bankruptcy Court
Mrs. Wigginton is true to her name.- Lillian F.
Missy is a fighter and doesn't give up on her cases.- Gayla
Mama Missy truly cares about her clients.- Elizabeth
Best lawyer ever!- Former Client
Missy gets the job done!- Keith