Tupelo Mass Tort Lawyers
Making Sense of Class Action Lawsuits
A mass tort can be used to take legal action against a defendant when their negligence or wrongdoing has hurt many different people in similar ways. While this process can make it simpler for a large number of people to demand justice without overburdening the legal system, it is not a process without complexities. If you live in Tupelo and need help making heads-and-tails of a mass tort or class action, then know that MW Law Firm PLLC – Mama Justice is standing by!
Our attorneys can happily assist you with a mass tort or class action, which is similar to a mass tort but involves a single class going up against a defendant in a single courtroom case. We are the team locals trust with all of their complex, difficult, high-value, and everyday legal cases – and for good reason. With more than 40 years of combined legal experience, plenty of professional awards and recognitions, and FREE initial consultations, we know you’ll see why people first call their mamas after an accident and then call Mama Justice.
Dial (662) 262-6264 to speak with Mama Justice about your mass tort.
How Does a Mass Tort Work?
A mass tort can be used when numerous plaintiffs have suffered similar damages due to the defendant, but there are too many dissimilarities to justify a class action. For example, mass torts are useful when a prescription medicine hurts hundreds or thousands of users, but each user has experienced symptoms unique to their overall health. A judge or legal council will decide if there are enough similarities to justify a mass tort. If there are, plaintiffs can begin individual claims or lawsuits in their home counties.
Benefits of a mass tort:
- Your case result is independent, so you could win a settlement or award even as others who filed under the same mass tort lose.
- Mass tort plaintiffs and their legal teams can share their research and evidence to use among all relevant cases.
- Costs for expert witnesses, investigations, and other important case-building steps can also be split among plaintiffs to make the entire legal process more affordable.
- Mass torts are handled in numerous individual courts, so no one court will get “jammed” with too many cases at once, which keeps the legal process moving.
Examples of Mass Torts
Mass torts can be useful in many different situations, but, around here at Mama Justice, we most often help mass tort clients who have been hurt due to some sort of product defect or danger. It is not a coincidence, either, because the majority of mass torts and multi-district litigation cases involve product liability and injured consumers.
Three mass torts we are currently looking into are lawsuits against:
- Roundup® Weed Killer: The popular weed killer product Roundup® has been linked to cancer due to using glyphosate as an active ingredient. Even the World Health Organization (WHO) has noted the carcinogenic properties of this chemical. To date, more than 40,000 plaintiffs have sued Bayer for knowingly marketing a dangerous product.
- Hernia mesh manufacturers: A hernia mesh is a medical device meant to prevent a hernia from occurring or worsening. Many different hernia mesh devices manufactured by various corporations – including but not limited to Medline Industries, Q-Med Corporations, and RAM Medical – have been known to fail at an unacceptably high rate, causing patients to suffer organ damage, internal bleeding, and other serious injuries.
- Mesothelioma: Inhaling finite asbestos debris can cause mesothelioma, which is a rare cancer that typically damages the lungs. Asbestos is notorious for being used in homes during previous decades, but many don’t know it is still being used in industrial and commercial construction projects today.
Of course, we can also assist you with all sorts of other mass torts. Everything from lawsuits involving talc powder products and Zantac® to 3M dual-sided military earplugs and JUUL® e-cigarettes are in our legal wheelhouse.
Legal Guidance for Your Mass Tort
Do you think you have a legal issue that could be rectified with a mass tort? Not sure where to begin? Leave all the work and tough questions up to our Tupelo mass tort lawyers of Mama Justice. When you’re with us, you’re family, and no one fights for family quite like a mad Mississippi mama!
For a free consultation, call us at (662) 262-6264 at any time.
Tennessee Bar Association
U. S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
U. S. District Courts for Northern and Southern Mississippi
Supreme Court of the State of Mississippi
United States Bankruptcy Court
American Bar Association
Mississippi Bar Association
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Mrs. Wigginton is true to her name.- Lillian F.
Missy is a fighter and doesn't give up on her cases.- Gayla
Mama Missy truly cares about her clients.- Elizabeth
Best lawyer ever!- Former Client
Missy gets the job done!- Keith